“Anna’s brother” wrote:
I’m a puppet and I don’t wish to be one.
I would like to lose all the jokes, hear all the punchlines already. Why must I be tormented to be a part of a mockery.
Once upon a time there was a puppet on my hand. I made the puppet’s mouth move and say: “I don’t wish to be a puppet.”
Then I laughed at the puppet and called it an idiot, then added: “You don’t have any choice, do you?” Then the puppet just looked at me with those cute little button eyes…. Why does the puppet on my hand torment me like that?
The above part is rather simple. The rest is a continuation of the prior dialogue and contains references that will be most clear after a familiarity with the prior dialogue. (See prior blog post.)
“Anna’s brother” also sent me this quote:
….Some one being must be “greatest in being” and have all desirable qualities to the maximum extent. “Therefore there must also be something which is to all beings the cause of their being, goodness, and every other perfection; and this we call God.”
That is one way to create God, but it is creating God from a human perspective. God is not only the source of all good, but of all labeling of good and evil, of all language.
If God is the only creator, then God creates a branching of God called the devil and another called evil actions and another called confusion. Confusion arises from believing a false presumption- as distinct from mere ignorance or surprise.
Confusion (and frustration and all that can arise from confusion) involves accidentally mistaking one thing for another, confusing one thing for another. Here is a famous example.
Astronomers and mathematicians studied the movement of the planets and noticed that some planets “move in retrograde” in predictable cycles. For those who insisted that the earth was central and that the other planets orbit around the earth, there was confusion and terror and shame and animosity. The data contradicted their idolatrous beliefs and in their innocent terror, they clung to their idolatry in favor of the actual data.
That is sin. Confusion is the root of all sin. Confusion is always innocent. God recognizes that for God creates both confusion and sin and innocence as well as all other labels in language.
Imagine sitting in a traveling automobile with a young child. Your vehicle is going faster than another vehicle which is traveling in the same direction as you- perhaps a bicycle. The young child says “wow- look, that bicycle is moving backwards!”
Do you argue with them? Do you condemn them for their ignorance? Do you simply correct them?
If the child is clearly confused about it- or perhaps even distressed- then you might make some response, perhaps explaining in words or demonstrating with some objects. Or, if you are the ruler of an idolatrous, terrified Holy Empire, you might start an Inquisition to discourage people from embarrassing you with “ridiculous” (unfamiliar) explanations about “backward-traveling objects” and retrograde motion.
The ignorant are innocent of their ignorance. You may be the superior authority, but refuse to accept responsibility and authority, and so you condemn the 4 year-old for their innocent mistake. That would be your terror reacting to theirs.
Galileo (who contemptuously insulted the Roman Catholic hierarchy) sinned by political arrogance and so the Holy Empire punished him (or God did through them). The Roman Catholic hierarchy sinned from intellectual arrogance and, one might say that God is providing for their rewards and their punishments.
God also forgives them all. Forgiveness is about a lack of personal resentment (as in fear), not about a lack of consequences.
These are the same psycho-mytho-linguistic archetypes. The devil is the ruler of confusion. The devil is the agent of God, the instrument of God, the final mentor of Jesus when Jesus was out in the desert.
To experience hell, one must condemn the devil for unjustly punishing. One must reject the devil’s authority. One must reject the devil as not being God’s agent and not having God’s authority.
Back to the title of the original youtube video on psychological shadows, the only way that one can reject God’s authority in the devil is to reject God’s authority in one’s self. The only way that someone can reject that the devil is God’s agent is to reject that one is God’s agent.
Condemnation is all about jealousy. It is all an innocent mistake. It is all based on a false presumption believed idolatrously. That is called a confusion.
The devil is a joke. God is a joke. You are a joke. I am a joke.
It does not matter if you reject the devil or not. If you do, life is hell. If you do not, you simply cease to exist.
When you reject the part of yourself that you call “fundamentally wrong” (the devil, the evil), then you create the devil as God. God does not claim to create God. That is a logical fallacy. God just is.
Simply being does not require doing anything, but activity may arise. When there is no identifying present to claim glory or guilt, then there is no reference to a who. When there is identifying present to claim personal glory or personal guilt, that is a sin, but all sinning is innocent.
It is rejecting God to claim personal glory or personal guilt. It is rejecting the idea that it is God’s will through which all things are created.
It is better to forget God than to jealously reject God. However, that it is impossible to systematically forget something, because trying to forget it involves maintaining a focus on it, like “do not think about pink elephants” or “do not think about God.”
It is better to know that personal glory and personal guilt are both jokes. It is better to know that God is a joke and language is a joke and the word God is just an arising in language.
It is better to forget jokes. “Better” is also just a joke.
There should be no such thing as irony. There should be no such thing as paradox.
Language is the root of all irony and paradox, which is why I condemn it and reject it. There should be no such thing as language, and, fortunately for you and I, there is no such thing as language. The reason for that is that the devil has frightened God in to pretending to make up stories that are not real stories, but are actually just a bunch of words in no particular order at all.
Whatever you do, beware of relaxing. Relaxing is extremely dangerous because it can lead directly to what you already are and what is already happening.
- The Devil and the Children III (thearkside.wordpress.com)
- Norah Jones’ Puppet Show To Open In New York (fresh1027.radio.com)
- Devil Wears Prada’s sequel in works (nation.com.pk)
- A Movie Review: THE DEVIL INSIDE – Godzilla versus the Smurfs (marjoriekayesbookblog.com)
- devil dream (stargazingunderground.wordpress.com)
- Interpretations (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- The usefulness of devils (johnmeunier.wordpress.com)
- Devil in The Driver’s Seat (offthecuffchristian.com)
- Puppet eyes (mricon.com)
- Your Conscience is Not Your God! (scentofwaterministries.typepad.com)
- Divine Sovereignty: The Fuel of Death-Defying Missions (saltguys.wordpress.com)
- The “Salt” Lesson from an Abstract Crop Circle that Opens a WHOLE CAN OF HISTORICAL MINDPROGRAMMING (michellesantos.wordpress.com)
- Puppet Parade (ccdc12.wordpress.com)
- God is Not a Puppeteer (bycommonconsent.com)
- Puppet Show (johnwsmart.wordpress.com)
- Mother’s Day “Yo Mama” Jokes (coedmagazine.com)
- Theater Review (NYC): Hand to God by Robert Askins (blogcritics.org)
- I Love My Job (kidspartyheaven.wordpress.com)
- It’s Beautiful (wycliffeusa.wordpress.com)
- Kinda Random, But Puppets (and Puppet Related Films) Freak Me Out (iamdustycole.wordpress.com)
- Puppet and juju sitting in a tree… (jorgecastro.org)
- Shakespeare Lives! (jjhiii24.wordpress.com)
- Accepting the Conviction (cbnindiablogs.wordpress.com)
- Do Movies Influence Children’s Psyhe? (psalmboxkey.com)
- Wolves and Sheep (inthemidstofdoubt.wordpress.com)
- I think they were meant to be together… (melaniesmenagerie.wordpress.com)
- Karl Barth on Romans 1:18-32 (bluechippastor.org)
- The Bible and Homosexuality (66in66.wordpress.com)
- A Biblical View of Diversity (3dchristianity.wordpress.com)
- Do not be deceived! (godowned.wordpress.com)
- The Sin of Gluttony (daeffable.com)
- A Dialogue with the devil (fewfleetingmoments.wordpress.com)
- Supernatural Power Through One Law – (half of chapter two) (theharvestprinciple.wordpress.com)
- Who We Are 101 (briancoatney.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Anarchy (ptl2010.com)
- How the Devil Attacks When You Lose Someone (Pt.1) (thegloryofgodismanfullyalive.wordpress.com)
- What do you want? (battlefieldusa.wordpress.com)
- Keeping Focus (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- The Freedom Illusion (the1stfollower.com)
- What Is Faith? (sabbathsermons.com)
- The Devil Tree (horroraddicts.wordpress.com)
- Are Mormons Christians? The answer in this article by CARM. It will open your eyes. (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Part Four: Learning to Hear God’s Voice (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- A fragrance of death (thebereanway.wordpress.com)
- Could This Be The Great Apostasy (zionistoutrage.com)
- Hell (Hath No Fury) (new.exchristian.net)
- Once Upon a Time: A Heartwarming Nightmare (tv.com)
- A Collection of Islamic Jokes (islamicchamper.wordpress.com)
- Do not Lie even in Joke! (islamicchamper.wordpress.com)
- My Top 5 Devils (jaclpetersen.com)
- Is Good Friday Really Good? (benalin.wordpress.com)
- Take the High Ground (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Neighbors From Hell (gamespot.com)
- The Devil Made Me Do It! (howthehelldidienduphere.wordpress.com)
- Martin Luther’s Ambassador: An Unclean Frog Spirit (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- “We Love Dying, We Hate Living” (helpmeunderstandall.wordpress.com)
- What is love? I’m now confused? :/ (callmeabs85.wordpress.com)
- The Bible Has High Standards For Leaders in the Church, and We Ought to Strive to Live up to Them! (benjaminbradfordwhite.wordpress.com)
- An Open Letter to People Who Find my Blog Accidentally (Volume Nine) (lucysfootball.com)
- Resurrection of Christ (excharisma.wordpress.com)
- You’re Under Arrest!!! (oneprodigalsjourney.wordpress.com)
- What some people feel about intolerance of others who cannot and refuse to allow Gay people into our global society (bonjupatten.com)
- It’s After 6:00, and We’re Still Here! (uniquelyawesome.wordpress.com)
- Best Tasteless Jokes Ever! (dysfunctionalliteracy.com)
- Good Morning ~ Ephesians Week 9 (bonesinmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Mr Punch’s 350 years of puppet anarchy (bbc.co.uk)
- Doubt Is The Devil (dangeroustalk.net)
- Free from the Stronghold of Honor Killing (ptl2010.com)
- Prom is of the Devil! (geoffcocanower.com)
- A Story What I Wrote in My Late Teens! Avert Thine Eyes! Run for the Hills! (justinelarbalestier.com)
- A Reflection on the Sin of Human Respect and its Antidote, the Holy Fear of the Lord (adw.org)
- FFRF’s ‘Quit the Catholic Church’ ad in weekend USA Today (secularnewsdaily.com)
- A Short Review of Why I Am Not A Christian (Richard Carrier) (diglotting.com)
- Day 26 – My Testimony (idmw.wordpress.com)
- Judge the Cover (bcsirrom.wordpress.com)
- Monday, May 28, 2012 @ Exodus 33-36 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Be a Fool! (richwendling.wordpress.com)
- The Liturgy (new.exchristian.net)
- What is my hope based in? (omharris.com)
- God is… (graciouslyforgiven.wordpress.com)
- God Listens To Our Brokenness! (womendivas4god.wordpress.com)
- Is it God’s Fault if We Sin? (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Heart of stone (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- Anger is Not a Sin (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- a stumper of a question (ispygod.net)
- Truths Man Has Forgotten or Does Not Know! (keyword-power.com)
- Assurance (bdaniel17.wordpress.com)
- Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost (faithbibleministries.wordpress.com)
- Free from Chronic Backsliding (ptl2010.com)