Look out and see a mask.
- image from http://www.headless.org by sam blight
One mask is the mask of sensations. Are you that mask, or are you the one witnessing the changing of the sensations?
One mask is the mask of thoughts. Are you that mask, or are you the one witnessing the changing of the thoughts?
Are you a changing thing? Look out! (Or… look in.)
Simply notice whether you are a changing thing or not. Are you the one witnessing the changing world or are you the changing world?
Are you eternal life, unchanging, unborn, undying? Are you the one for whom the world happens… with it’s changing bodies of flesh, changing sensations, changing thoughts, and changing seasons?
Look out and see a cloud in the sky. Are you the clouds in the sky? Are you the sky? Are you the one witnessing the sky and clouds?
Look down at the ground and at the body between your gaze and the ground. Are you the ground? Are you the body? Are you the one witnessing the ground and the body formed of the dust of the earth?
Notice the movement of breathing through the body. Are you the breathing? Are you the one witnessing the breathing?
Notice the movements of words and other imaginations. Are you the words? Are you only one word at a time? Are you always the same specific word?
When you hear words or read words, are you those words? Are you some words but not others?
Are you some imaginations but not others? Are you some sounds but not others? Are you some letters but not others? Are you some shapes but not others? Are you some objects but not others? Are you some sights but not others? Are you some perceptions but not others?
Are you only a certain particular thing that you notice? Are you any one temporary, changing thing? Are you a concept?
Do you have a future now? Do you have a past now?
When are you? Do you ever happen at any time other than now?
Where are you? Do you ever notice that you are anywhere else except here? How big is here? By the way, how long does now last?
How are you? What are you? Do you have any idea what you are? Are you an idea? Is any idea required for you to already be however you may be?
Does any particular noticing effect whether or not you are? Does not noticing anything effect whether or not you are?
Does whether you are or not now depend on any changing condition? Does whether you are or not now depend on any changing circumstance? Does whether you are or not now depend on any changing sensation? Does whether you are or not now depend on any changing thought? Does whether you are or not now depend on any changing body? Does whether you are or not now depend on the presence or absence of any language?
Are you here now? Do you have any choice as to whether or not you are already here now? Can you actually change whether or not you are already here now? Can anything or anyone change whether or not you are already here now?
Is there any time you are not already here now? Is there any place you are not already here now?
Do you have any direct experience evidencing that you are not what is referenced by the word God? Do you have any direct experience evidencing that you are precisely what is referenced by the word God? Are you eternal life, unchanging, unborn, undying, the origin of all perception, of all change, of all birth, of all death, of all masks, of all bodies, and even of these very words?
See part 2 here: the vine of many branches: https://jrfibonacci.wordpress.com/the-vine-of-many-branches/
Published on: Dec 29, 2009
- Giving Up Fear for Lent (cantleaveunsaid.wordpress.com)
- The Blue & Yellow Can (pepeprays.wordpress.com)
- The Word Became Flesh (kellitamurphy.wordpress.com)
- Snail and Mask (judith4381.wordpress.com)
- Is that a mask you’re wearing? (livin4twink.wordpress.com)
- More Secrets from the One who is the Secret: Konick the Konjurer (briancoatney.com)
- Please Hear What I Am Not Saying (teachinghighschoolpsychology.blogspot.com)
- Take off that fairy-tale mask and make strong decisions (Providence Journal) (ritawatson.com)
- Masks and the People Who Wear Them (blmoffit.wordpress.com)
- The 7 Masks That Block Your Success (itakeoffthemask.com)
- Your face (fatesjoke.wordpress.com)
- Change Your Ways and Live! by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Masks (wateroverfire.com)
- Spirituality in the Anime Blogosphere: Aniblogger Faith, the Number Three in Rinne no Lagrange, and Unmasking Lelouche (beneaththetangles.wordpress.com)
- A Study of Hebrews Chapter Two (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Off topic: Palindrome championship, last words, death penalty, sad movies, unmasking Batman (blogs.siliconvalley.com)
- Person Under The Mask (augustoingar.wordpress.com)
- The Mask of V for Vendetta: The Last Dance (reflectionsoncinema.wordpress.com)
- A meditation: Invite all parts of yourself to join you… (beyondmeds.com)
- Too Beautiful To Be True Masks Contort Face To Beauty Ideals (laughingsquid.com)