I’ve published about 600 articles on this blog as of 9/12/2012, and at least 224 of them contain the word God. One of my favorites is an audio recording of me performing a song I wrote. The lyrics and the audio link are at the bottom of this article.
First, I want to briefly emphasize that the English word God is related to some much older words in some much older languages, like Arabic, Hebrew and Sanskrit. The image just below shows shapes that have been written to represent the concept that in English is represented with the three letter sequence g-o-d.
Of course, some people may not recognize these forms of writing. Different people might pronounce those words differently or not even know how to say them at all. Further, different people could present different definitions of those words, even within their own life such as when they are age 3 or 13 or 33 or 66.
My own understanding of the word God has certainly shifted over time, though all of what you would find on this blog of me using the word God would likely be very consistent. Of course, other people may have other perceptions and comments on the word God or the much older words shown to the side. I detail the origins of the English word God in these two articles: https://jrfibonacci.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/a-dialog-on-god-definition-of-god/ & https://jrfibonacci.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/the-origin-of-health-and-god/
In this next post, I detail the simplicity of the symbolic concept of an all-inclusive, all-permeating, all-powerful, always present, all-knowing unity (as in “the universe” or “reality” or “Brahman” or “Allah” or “God”): https://jrfibonacci.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/many-words-but-only-one-reality/
Before the link to the audio (with lyrics below), here are a few more of my favorite items relating to the word God, starting with this one “God: Be Ye Perfect. Moses: Well, what if it doesn’t resonate with me?”:
You can find the other 200+ articles on this site containing the word God at this link: http://en.search.wordpress.com/?q=site%3Ajrfibonacci.wordpress.com++god&t=post
Related articles (by other authors)
- God as Reward(er) and Protector in Genesis 15:1 (goddidntsaythat.com)
- Lanyadoo has Uncovered a 2600 Year Old Secret, Latin Alphabet is in fact the Original Hebrew Letters the Bible was Written With, Proving an Omnipresent Connection. (prweb.com)
- Understanding the Name of God in Psalm 27:4 (PART 1) (muchloveblog.wordpress.com)
- Notes on Scripture: The Heart of God (bryanmarvel.com)
- Hearing from God – Visions and Dreams (holyspiritcomfort.com)
- Ten Things It Means for God to Be Who He Is (dwyerkathleen.wordpress.com)
- Seek God Early (michaelfordii.wordpress.com)
- Give God’s Word Priority And See Good Success (chixyfied.wordpress.com)
- Required Attribute Of God’s Word(s) (excluded-middle.com)
- To Be Lived By God (iamadam.org)