Is it time yet to stop worshipping the past?
By the way, I’m not saying that worshipping the present is any different- given that by the time I might worship any possible detail or quality that may have just been present- well well well, wouldn’t you know it- that former possible present is instantly a possible past just as soon as I could recognize, identify with, relate to, label, and possibly worship it.
If I stopped worshipping the past, I may have just stopped worshipping altogether! Don’t all beliefs come from the past? Some detail is believed to have been true and special- and believed to still be- and yet that is just a possible past, isn;t it? So, if I stopped worshipping the past, I would have also stopped worshipping any belief that any possible detail or quality was distinctly true and special- like any more or less than any other.
I stop worshipping any filters of judging any possible past to be better or more important than any other possible past. To stop worshipping some of the past is to stop judging any of it- some as what I wish I could repeat or continue or increase- you know, because it seems so special and I seem so special with it. Any possible past that I would avoid or discontinue or reduce- that is also judging the past- judging against some of it and in favor of some of it, that is, the part of it that in some other past I may have been taught to worship.
Hey, but maybe you would like to worship some particular portion of my possible past! There is that one possible past which I may have been believing is a cause of the one very special problem that I have been pretending to have. Worship it with me, won’t you? Oh right, I already stopped that….
but what about that one possible past that was a highlight, a landmark, a breakthrough, the most special of all possible moments ever- well, probably so far, right? Don’t you remember that one time when I was really living in the momnet. Yeah, that was really special, huh?
************We do not have to sail in the direction of the wind, but if we ever sail off course, is it easier to change the direction of the wind or the direction of the sail?
- What Do You Worship? (todaysgirlsdaily.wordpress.com)
- Against Inanities (shinecycle.wordpress.com)
- Calm Storm (prodigalreturns.wordpress.com)
- Sooo…This is our Worship-Part One. (praiseworshipalc.wordpress.com)
- A pinch of soul (fabthoughtz.wordpress.com)
- Court: Only 1 Church Can Use NYC Public Schools, For Now (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Meaning of Reliance on Allaah, part 1 (solaceandjoy.wordpress.com)
- Call to worship (anoasisathome.com)
- Worship of Deity is Worship of the Person (srilaprabhupadavapuseva.wordpress.com)
- Maria Kamarauskaite (kerithworship.wordpress.com)
- Wow, Looking Back (fumcoutofthebox.com)
- How would we worship different if…. (trishborgdorff.wordpress.com)
- I Could Never Be a Christian (dangeroustalk.net)
- “Awake The Dawn” (writingsistersblog.wordpress.com)
- Looking for Worship (thelifechurchofdesplaines.wordpress.com)
- Significant Insights (sandibentonplasters.wordpress.com)
- Importance-Part 2-Importance of Worship (Guest Post) (vanriggins.wordpress.com)
- Private, Family Worship (reformingtoday.wordpress.com)
- I Choose (beingrebekah.com)
- What Will You Say Sunday Morning? (philslocum.net)
- What is Worship? (anotherchristianblog.org)
- Beyond the Temple (lifehasacrushonyou.wordpress.com)
- I worship three persons (samisaacson.wordpress.com)
- Ten Ways to Plan Worship Services with Better Flow (jonwellman.com)
- Worship (apocketfulofnotes.wordpress.com)
- Quranic Verse on Obedient, Sinner, Fear and Hope in Worship (tsmufortruth.wordpress.com)
- “The budget isn’t really that important” from the Alban Weekly (swmnelca.wordpress.com)
- Bible in 365: Day 74 (themoptimist.com)
- School of Worship (samuelanand.wordpress.com)
- Gloriously Unlimited Possibilities! (ponderingbylaurie.wordpress.com)
- Word and Worship III (keyword-power.com)
- 5 Tips to Make Your Worship Band Awesome Without Being a Virtuoso (newmanworship.wordpress.com)