“almost perfect enough”
almost perfect enough:
acceptance vs. complacent perfectionism… and questioning how useful it isn’t to presume that the planet is on the brink of destruction
March 22, 2010
To read along with the script (except for the spontaneous ad-libs), you may choose to open these videos in a new window:
This is an excerpt from this facebook conversation:
To me, acceptance and complacency may be unrelated. Acceptance of what is allows for an openness to what is relevant. With acceptance, clarity brings new explorations, developments, innovation, intuitions, and even seeking out of mentors.
Complacency, as I know the word, lacks curiosity as well as clarity. Complacency is “I’m confused, but I won’t let that effect my worship of my favorite paradigm, so I will wait for someone on TV to sell me a new ‘final solution’ or the latest war to end all wars, etc….” Instead of accepting and adjusting from clarity, complacency is investing confused, desperate hope in the latest promise of political salvation or whatever- like the idea that the cause of the developed world’s economic instability has been a severe lack of a mandatory subsidizing of insurance companies and the pharmaceutical industry and symptom-suppressing allopathic interventions to save us all from a functioning immune system. 😉
Of course, there is a place and relevance for the theories and techniques of allopathic medicine– but also a place beyond that. To a Christian Scientist, it may not be that allopathic, pharmaceutical, bio-alchemical interventions are morally wrong [“evil’] or totally ineffective, but just outdated, slow, expensive, unreliable, and ridiculously inefficient relative to what is available through quantum biophysics.
Back to my prior analogy [about stubbornly denying the utility of bicycles simply because one is used to tricycles, while riding bicycles would be new and require more coordination and skill to use], tricycles are perfect tricycles and allopathic medicine is a rusty old tricycle, which was great for a certain stage of development but might be a bit ridiculous once outgrown, while the metaphysical “medical model” of quantum biophysics is, relative to the tricycle of allopathic medicine, not just a helicopter but a teleportation machine.
So, the entire process of reactionary interventionists (like political salvationists) is predictable and functional within the larger transition from certain destabilizing paradigms to certain emerging paradigms. If some young adults insist that everyone else should still ride tricycles, too, let them insist. Either way, soon adolescence will “rock their world” (or… melt it).
Back to basics, condemnation is attention and attention is cultivation. Repression is like a battery or capacitor, collecting charge for a sudden, explosive discharge.
Many people lately have reacted by being terrified of anger and also condemning fear. How ironic, huh? What other ultra-negative “anti-negativity” social-psychology could be a perfect fit for storing up the anger and fear to explode into a burst of panic due to ripple through mainstream cultures oh so soon?
Prophets like myself have already seen the lightning on the wall. Whether or not you had the eyes to see it, too, which I assume you did not, you may feel the thunder soon enough- more like a 10.0 earthquake, but who am I to mix metaphors?
As for the idea that the planet is on the brink of destruction, yes, perhaps the sun will heat up and swallow it in fire eventually. Otherwise, consider that humanity may be at the bottom of a ladder, and if it takes a bit of heat down here to motivate us up the ladder, that may be what manifests.
You’re scared about the planet because you think you are a body, right? You [Sherri, to whom I am responding] want to live and yet you believe that you are subject to death, right? Well, I’ll back off of the religion for now….
You may recognize that your favorite old paradigms no longer bring you security or inspiration. So, are you open to new ones? Are you willing to seek out those who have clear insight and calm in the midst of what so many may be experiencing as a storm?
By the way, among other things, I analyze and forecast economic trends, publishing precise explanations years in advance of the credit crunch, real estate destabilization, spike in fuel and other commodities, and highs and lows in stock markets worldwide. Acceptance of what is provides perfect insight into what is emerging and how to personally adjust to it well, as well as how other people (those perhaps more complacent than accepting) are likely to react, by which I mean, identify some portion of reality as problematic, then try to fix and/or prevent it- such as anger. (It’s the old allopathic medical model, but applied as Keynesian, interventionist, reactionary, socialist/communist politics, religion, etc….)
- Is it Time to Talk? (lynnawiensmd.com)
- AYUSH to be included in national health schemes (thehindu.com)
- Veterans Living with Post Traumatic Stress (shiningservice.wordpress.com)
- The Copeland Steam-Propelled Tricycle (retrorambling.wordpress.com)
- Update on CPSOs Draft Policy (sciencebasedmedicine.org)
- Government Officials please hear my simple dream wishes for my home town! (chikawithyeneyes.wordpress.com)
- Dog Kabang (angelzero01.wordpress.com)
- Allopathic vs. Holistic, Symptoms vs. Causes (eatdrinkgarden.wordpress.com)
- Custom Tricycles Stolen; Some Recovered (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Leaky Gut and Autoimmune Diseases (mycrankygut.com)
- It’s easier to go backward… (ryancarriesharpe.wordpress.com)
- The mangrove’s forest (ethologistinprogress.wordpress.com)
- Laufrad 2 Jahre (foodstaycation.com)
- Sweet windmills from Broken Tricycle (babyccinokids.com)
- Unusual To Some, Common To Others (thismansjourney.net)
- Allopathic, alternative and integrative health care (meaningfulwesternlife.com)
- 45 medical tests to end (everydayredflags.wordpress.com)
- Shifting Paradigms (nalonmit.wordpress.com)
- On Energy, the MMS Journey, and Conscious Acts of Consciousness (phaelosopher.com)
- Shifting Paradigms: Toward Divine Wisdom and Understanding (the2012scenario.com)
- James Tyberonn – Archangel Metatron – MAX The 13th Crystal Skull – The Complete Paradigm – 26 February 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Acceptance : : One of the Hardest Things (aquaterra.tv)
- Spiritual Medicine (mybigearth.com)
- Integrity (2yearsofhealing.wordpress.com)
- A “personal case” for homeopathy, part 2 (scienceblogs.com)
- Acceptance and Deliverance (paulettecake.wordpress.com)
- doctor vs. healer- shifting (chakralivingroomaz.com)
- Thinking Outside of the Box (ikoaamblessed.com)
- Time : The Emotional Healer (chindeepinlife.wordpress.com)
- It’s Only a Number … February 27, 2012 (jonathots.wordpress.com)
- Antibiotic Resistance (and other falling skies) Part One (huntgathermedicine.com)
- Paradoxy (difog.wordpress.com)
- HOMOEOPATHY _ Introduction (slideshare.net)
- Joe Mercola: Proof positive that quackery sells (scienceblogs.com)
- [cancer] Almost time to go back to the well (jlake.com)
- The New Paradigm of Responsibility (crowspeaks.wordpress.com)
- On Pride and Prejudice (goldencoathanger.com)
- Anger – Process Blog (rebeccakd.wordpress.com)
- Touching Heaven – Bodywork and the Realm of the Incredible: A Therapist’s Viewpoint (hofholistichealingcenters.com)
- crowd wisdom needs a new paradigm:: five characteristics of Paradigms (fitforrandomness.wordpress.com)
- Levels of Consciousness (zazenlife.com)
- Advanced Clinical is Changing the Paradigm for Clinical Research Organizations Through Strategic Sourcing (prweb.com)
- Perception and Paradigms (prmarketingcommunication.wordpress.com)
- Review: Cedric Johnson (ed.), The Neoliberal Deluge: Hurricane Katrina, Late Capitalism, and the Remaking of New Orleans (logosjournal.com)
- The Power of Mind in Medicine (chakralivingroomaz.com)
- Toward Participatory Gender: Trans Self-Determination and Movements for Social Justice (thedistantpanic.com)
- Conspiracy-Fact or Fiction? (frugalyoda.wordpress.com)
- If this is a post-schizophrenia world, then who the hell am I? (medicalhumanities.wordpress.com)
- Playing both ends to the middle: Scientific laws and Universal laws (lightsongblog.wordpress.com)
- What Do Patients Want? Psychoanalytic Perspectives From the Couch (freudinoceania.com)
- The Carnival of Creative Destruction (singularity2050.com)
- Sir Ken Robinson – Changing Educational Paradigms (recoverynetworktoronto.wordpress.com)
- Revolution in Healthcare! “Sick-Care?” (physical-activity-pharmacy.com)
- Remember, You Are Free, Even When You Accept Help. (friendtoyourself.com)
- Bipolar? When Quitting is the Answer (madinamerica.com)
- Relationship in the Ascension Paradigm (wingingwithwhitehawk.wordpress.com)
- Squatters’ Rights (nativestudentcouncil.wordpress.com)
- A Situationist Perspective on the Psychology of Evil: Understanding How Good People Are Transformed into Perpetrators. (gangstalkingbelgium.wordpress.com)