This is a reply to a comment on another blog of mine: https://jrfibonacci.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/the-supremacy-of-language-heaven-god-and-society/
Let us notice that there are two kinds of interactions. First, there are direct physical interactions, like heat from the sun and shaking hands and the power of gravity. Second, there are interactions through the medium of language, which involves neuro-chemistry in the processing of sounds or (in this case) various little shapes of black on this screen (letters and words).
In the audio of [the prior] blog (and perhaps in the text- I do not recall and did not check), the speaker (me) was very specific that the supremacy of language is relative. There is no such thing as absolute supremacy. Language is a relational or relative process. The supremacy of language is the recognition that language CAN guide other physical process, and itself is distinct from other physical processes. However, given that language is entirely neuro-chemical, language is actually just another physical process.
So, humans have the capacity for highly-developed language. You may be a native speaker of some language unfamiliar to me. I may use some words that are unfamiliar to you. Language is only supreme or superior when it is and how it is. Without neurology, these shapes on this screen are not language, but are only shapes on a screen, though they would not even be recognized as shapes on a screen for such recognition already implies the labeling or categorizing activity of language, which further implies active neuro-chemistry (perceiving).
One of the ironies of the title [of the prior blog post] is that supremacy is so often presumed to be absolute. That is one of the subtle points of this content. “Supremacy” is just a word. “Absolute” is also just a word.
“The absolute supremacy of God” is an entirely valid phrase, though it is entirely linguistic, as in neurochemical. Language itself has no direct influence over clouds or puppies or anything at all. Language is exclusively an indirect influence.
Can the words of a particular language alter the activity of clouds or puppies? Not as scribbles of ink on a sign, nor through sound waves. Only through the mechanism of neuro-chemistry. The neuro-chemistry can convert the sound waves or shapes of writing in to another form of energy. It is real energy. It is real influence. It is through language that bridges are built and through language that soldiers burn down bridges.
Language is just “software” or programming. Without hardware and power, it is useless. (However, how useful is hardware with electrical power, but no software?)
With hardware and electricity and language together, there is great potential. Further, the idea that language CANNOT influence clouds and puppies is entirely a construction in language, an idea, a belief, a superstition. Language is magic- just as magical as crystals of quartz that can “send and receive” radio waves and convert them in to sound in cell phones and TVs and radios. The crystals of course do not really “do” anything.
Teresa had written:
“I do not agree that language conditions; a behaviorist traumatizing a human individual would try to use an euphemism – ‘Language does it’. No. The trauma does it…. I don’t really understand the question of supremacy….”
As for behaviorists and trauma and operant conditioning, everything is conditioning. Everything is influence.
Consider the word momentum. It means an existing movement. Psychologically or spiritually, an existing momentum is called a motive or karma. It means the moving of energy or force.
You are the moving of energy or vital force. You do not have karma so much as you are karma.
In the absence of karmic activity, there is no linguistic activity (neuro-chemically) of the identifying of an isolated self. That is just a program of conditioning.
What is actually happening? There is neurological activity- like in reading these shapes but also in the organizing of this specific sequence of shapes. Further, these shapes were invented.
That is the activity of Logos or Language or God’s Will or God’s Karma or the Divine Word or the Tao. The activity of the Tao includes when a brain forms a signal that produces the firing of nerves and the twitching of muscle tissues and the typing of these words as well as the prior construction of these computers. The activity of the Tao includes the invention of language and alphabets and the formation of species and the invention of nerves and neurology and planets and chemistry and so on.
So, words can present a hierarchy or chronology. Of course, these will just be a bunch of words, right?
One hierarchy is that the originating category of Tao or God or Life or Nature FORMS ITSELF in to a subcategory called heaven, (like a seed sprouts in to a trunk). Next, the subcategory of heaven branches and branches and branches and eventually forms itself in to humanity and then all the various language groups and then the various societies which can distinguish themselves from other groups of humans that speak the same language.
What “divides” the social organization called “the United States” from the social organization called “Canada?” To the extent that both are subcategories of the speaking of English, we can say that the boundary between them only exists within the English language. A native american may call both societies “the European colonial occupation” which is an entirely valid linguistic construction in whatever other native language (translated in to English of course). What divides the state of California from the state of Arizona? It is a categorical distinction in language. The activity of language organizes all other divisions or distinctions between the operations of California and the operations of Arizona. Outside of language, California and Arizona do not exist at all.
Again, these are like branches of a hierarchy. God divides in to heaven and earth, then God as earth divides in to various neurological momentums which God as earthling calls “language” or “human language,” and then God as earth and earthling and language further subdivides in to individual societies or in to individual organisms or in to
personas and personalities.
The Supremacy of the Heavenly God is like the activity of a mustard seed. It branches. The original vine of the Heavenly God abides in each of the vines or branches.
When God knows itself as Heaven and Earth and Earthling and Language and Personality, then there is a “fulfillment” of social conditioning. An individual is born spiritually. God (as society) gives birth to itself as individual. This is not the same as the persona which is entirely a construct of social conditioning. This is the birth of the awareness of language and God as the same process.
God is not a personality. God is a symbolic code in the English language. God represents an idea that is represented with other linguistic codes (words) in other languages. God (or Allah or Brahman etc) is the label for the origin of languages.
God is a linguistic unit for what is supreme over language (the source of language). Language is supreme, through ONLY the authority or supremacy of God- supreme over all categorizing and labeling and organizing that happens through the linguistic neuro-logical programming or structuring of experience (experiences). When God recognizes itself as language, that is the presence of God.
One can recognize that there is only the presence of God, in many forms. One can also deny the presence of God totally or reject the presence of God in a particular case, such as “I am the isolated individual branch over here and God is the distant trunk over there, and now I need to struggle to connect with God. What is the best way for me to struggle to re-connect with God?”
Again, that is all just a bunch of language. In other words, that is all just a variety of forms of the activity of God.
So, does a quartz crystal “send and receive” anything? Not really. Does “Canada” actually do anything on its own (isolated from God or Nature or Reality)? Not at all. Do I “do” anything? Only as an instrument of God or agent of God.
The language that recognizes God within is distinct from the language of the isolated personality that does not recognize the presence of God within. Both patterns in language are formations of God. Formations of God are all God.
Formations of God can construct patterns in language of “I am not a formation of God, but only a formation BY God.” However, consider that formations of God do not in themselves “do” anything. God can divide in to “formations by God,” but that “dividing” is like the dividing of the front of the hand “from” the back of the hand. It is only a division in language. It is only a division within God.
There are no linguistic units that are isolated from language. There are no branches of God that are isolated from God. God is within every branch of God. Every linguistic unit is intrinsically the activity of language.
- Survival of the Thriftiest (theamericanscholar.org)
- Children and Ascension – Part 1/2 (Repost) (the2012scenario.com)
- It’s Time To Understand HOW THINGS ARE (globalrowingclub.com)
- New 20 Year Research Confirms the Biblical Assertion that Hebrew is the Original Proto-Language Confounded By the Gods (prweb.com)
- Sanat Kumara on the Purpose of Life, the Universal Law, and the Longing for Liberation (the2012scenario.com)
- Death: The World Between Worlds (anunnakifiles.wordpress.com)
- Freedom in Action (teachingsofmasters.wordpress.com)
- Karma Chameleon (meroveeschild.wordpress.com)
- Dynamic Peace (teachingsofmasters.wordpress.com)
- Barrack Obama And The Karma Of Testosterone Deficiency (middle-class-populist.com)
- Power of siLeNcE!!! (winnerofhearts.wordpress.com)
- The Difference Between Grace and Karma (inspiredbyfamilymag.com)
- An Hour with an Angel – Sanat Kumara on the Purpose of Life, the Universal Law, and the Longing for Liberation (007blueray.wordpress.com)
- Karma Will Allow YOU to Gain Merit! (davidwinter.wordpress.com)
- 20 years of Research Confirms “Regardless of which Language we Speak, we are all Speaking Hebrew with Funny Accents” (prweb.com)
- Finding My Path (thistimethisspace.com)
- Why Yoga Is (Or Can Be) Different. (elephantjournal.com)
- David Wilcock – Mass Arrests / Divine Intervention: New Briefings (Finally!) (2012indyinfo.com)
- Karma, Free Will, And Destiny can Change our Reality (prweb.com)
- Devil in The Driver’s Seat (offthecuffchristian.com)
- Karma? Really? Not So Much. (camylleon.wordpress.com)
- Karma Yoga by Vivekananda (amruthasinchana.wordpress.com)
- Do You Believe in Karma? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- Serve With Your Whole Mind (teachingsofmasters.wordpress.com)
- REAL NEWS June 09, 2012 (danimartextras.wordpress.com)
- The First Half is Always the Hardest (iuoverseas.wordpress.com)
- Angry Words | Tom Bartlett | Chronicle Review | 20 March 2012 (chronicle.com)
- Speaking in tongues (pattyperkowski.com)
- Hanging Out With Daddy (ptl2010.com)
- The Realities and Benefits of Translation as a Full-time Job – An Introduction (shinpaideshou.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witness Assembly moves to Hhohho region (observer.org.sz)
- Mass in the Vernacular, Yes. But at Least It Should Be Translated Well (chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it)
- ‘fringe’ historical linguistics 7 (skepticalhumanities.com)
- How Silence Works: Emailed Conversations With Four Trappist Monks (theawl.com)
- The Rising Tide of Atheism: the Truth Behind the Claims of “Freedom”, “Liberation” and “Tolerance” (sadaffarooqi.com)
- America in Bible prophecy (wnd.com)
- Roman Catholicism is a threat to freedom (choiceindying.com)
- God’s Mass Deportation Policy (vridar.wordpress.com)
- Slice 2744 Is Faith Just Abstraction? (June 13, 2012) (appliedagape.com)
- Is Religion just a matter of “deepities” or something more? (choiceindying.com)
- Thoughts on Linguistic Purity (lpstribling.wordpress.com)
- The Word became flesh… and spoke Aramaic (eatingwithsinners.wordpress.com)
- Say “Shibboleth”… (eatingwithsinners.wordpress.com)
- The Language of Power and Pentecost: Bishops, Clergy and Gardens (barefootpreachr.org)
- Do you Speak Love? (reasonenoughtohope.wordpress.com)
- Time to Go Underground (cherryblossomlife.com)
- “With what can we compare the kingdom of God?” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- “God Is Sound, Part II…” (risinghawk.wordpress.com)
- National Identity (dustythane.wordpress.com)
- Language mixing in youth language use – an exception or a rule? (languagerichblog.eu)
- uninspired uninspired uninspired (changehappensbecausesocietydemandsit.wordpress.com)
- Do You Have An Accent? (bilaterallynumb.com)
- The Oddest English Spellings, Part 20 (oup.com)
- From Babbling to Bubbling (sisitheo.wordpress.com)
- How Do We Value French as a Language? (sdscaiff.wordpress.com)
- The Fear Of Language (coveredbythedust.wordpress.com)
- The languages of love (blogs.timesofisrael.com)
- Living in God’s Presence (craigladams.com)
- Ferdinand Celine, Language, and Turkeynecks (aspoonfulofsuga.wordpress.com)
- Bill Johnson, “Hosting The Presence” (mattclyde.com)
- Special Assembly days for Jehovah’s Witnesses (observer.org.sz)
- Something Better Than Jesus? (drewdowns.net)
- God Encounters – What are they? (j4man.wordpress.com)
- God’s Presence Matters (gmoblog.wordpress.com)
- ‘fringe’ historical linguistics 6 (skepticalhumanities.com)
- Language of the spirit (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Christ among the Messiahs – Part 2 (vridar.wordpress.com)
- Sometimes I Need a Feeling (gggceo.wordpress.com)
- Church and Hypnotic Manipulation (new.exchristian.net)
- Three Thousand: How Pentecost Reveals the Impact of the Cross (ofdustandkings.com)
- Modern Civilization, Modern People, and Modern Diseases (Part IV) (theepochtimes.com)
- What Goes Around Comes Around: The Karma Of Political Deception (talkingmonkeynews.wordpress.com)
- Karma (squareinches.typepad.com)
- What is Karma? (thesecretkeeper.net)
- My review of Scribophile (catharsisofcreativity.wordpress.com)
- God, I Never Been Fucked In My Ass Harder Than I Have Been With Karma (insidejamarifox.com)
- SaLuSa to Me – A Certain Amount of Resistance Needs to Be Experienced – 26 April 2012 (2012indyinfo.com)
- Deepak Chopra on 1) What is Maya 2) What or Who is God? 3) What is Karma? (evolutionarymystic.wordpress.com)
- Times Of India Ridicules Tamil Language, Apology Will be in Order (ramanan50.wordpress.com)