A dialog on God
Have you ever reviewed the origin of the word “God?” All references to the English word “God” reference back to the Old Irish word for “voice” and further back to a Sanskrit word for the linguistic archetype “Indra” of Hinduism.
[Old English god; related to Old Norse goth, Old High Germangot, Old Irish guth voice]
Where is God?
God is everywhere.
If God was only in one place, though, what would be the name for where God is?
God is in Heaven.
Where is heaven?
I don’t know, but it’s not out there. Out there is the world.
How does God interact with creation, like how odes God interact with the world?
God creates the world. God is in heaven and, from heaven, God forms the world. The world forms according to God’s Will. Whatever God wills in heaven to happen, the world out there fulfills or produces.
What does God do to produce things- like how does God produce a particular thing? Ow does God operate when willing things in to existence?
God just names things. God blesses things with attention and then gives them a specific name. God separates things in to categories, like sorting things in to groups of similar stuff. When God is willing for something to happen, then it just happens by itself, but I don’t know if God even knows exactly how things happen. Gods wills for thing to happen and then they happen. It can be instant. That’s what I read at least.
Can you describe to me how you run?
How exactly do you run? What do you do?
I don’t know. I just basically think of running and then running happens by itself.
So how exactly do you digest things? Do you even think about digesting things?
No. It just happens without me even thinking of it.
Okay, so some things happen without you thinking of them in advance and some things happen just by thinking of them, right?
But there are other things that you focus intently on doing, like when you are figuring out what instructions to give someone to get from one place to another. There are things that only happen if you concentrate, right?
Sure , but what about God?
God just wills things- like naming an outcome- and then things can happen by themselves, right?
So, who has access to God?
Everyone has access to God. Anyone who can use words can talk directly to God.
So God is the capacity or function of identifying something as an outcome and then it just basically happens by itself, like for you running is a function at which you are competent to create at the level of God. You just think of running and then it happens by itself.
No, I’m not God. God is in heaven. I’m out in the world.
Are you out in the world?
Look closely. Do you see yourself out there?
I could. I could see myself in the mirror or see my hand or feel my head.
Are you sure that’s you?
It sounds like a body though. You see a body out there in the world, right?
But are you that body?
What are you talking about?
Can one part of your body see another part of your body?
Well, my eyes can see.
But people can have eyes without seeing- like blind people. Are you a body or do you just have a body?
Well, I guess I have a body.
So what are you? Are you the result of the body or can you direct the body?
I can direct it.
Great. Now let’s back up: where is the one place that God lives?
And where is heaven?
Well, heaven is wherever God is.
What is heaven like?
Well, everything is perfect in heaven.
Perfect! That’s it!
Everything is perfect in heaven. If something is imperfect, that imperfection is in the world. Imperfection does not happen in heaven. God is in heaven saying that everything is perfect, then thinking about what God is willing to happen and they those things can just happen, like out there in the world, as distinct from in here, in heaven..
And where is heaven?
But what if the world does not form from out of language?
Well, then everything would be heaven.
Language is what isolates the world from heaven or isolates God from anything else. God creates the world with language. Before God creates the world, there is just God in heaven. In fact, before language, perhaps there is no heaven and no God in it. God says how the world is going to be, and then the world is that way. The world is the way it is because God says that the world is the way that God says it is going to be.
So, are you saying that I’m God?
No, I was not saying that you are God, but you just did.
So who are you then anyway?
That is an excellent question. Who do you say that I am?
The Child of God.
And so it is written- and it has been spoken for many centuries before it was written- that those who do the Will of God shall be called the children of God. Who would know God’s Will so perfectly to be able to identify those who do God’s will and then to call them the children of God?
That’s right. So, who are you?
Well, I guess that if I’m not the body but just have one, then I’m whatever I say I am.
And what do you say that you are?
Was that a statement or a question?
Well, that was a question.
I say so.
Exactly. So if it is the way it is simply because you say so, then who are you?
God, I don’t even know what to say.
If you say so, then you don’t know what to say, right?
Anyway, I asked “who are you” and the first few words you said in answer were “God, I don’t know” or something like that, right?
So, I asked who are you and the first word you used to answer was “God,” right?
So you say you’re God because you say you’re God, right?
Wait, that’s not what I said.
Well then who said that?
Oh, so you’re just saying that God is language itself, right? God is just the one in heaven that is speaking the world out there into being, into form!
Well, that’s not exactly what I said.
Yeah, whatever. Anyway, I say that God is just the one creative process in heaven that is speaking the world out there into being, into form, by using language. God is the one word that language forms as a word symbolizing the creative function that uses the rest of language to form the world into being.
So who are you?
Who do you say I am?
You’re me. We’re the same.
Okay, and who do you say that you are?
Oh, that’s easy. I’m the one that uses language to form the world into being, including you. In other words, I’m God. I’m in heaven. The world only happens inside of my speaking. I speak the language of heaven and then heaven shows up out there, too. The language of heaven is a match between what is spoken in here and what happens out there.
Published on: Apr 22, 2010
- My heaven or your heaven? (allspossible.wordpress.com)
- Longing for home… (astefancin.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Share (wepets.wordpress.com)
- 13 Attributes of God (joyofthemaster.wordpress.com)
- Are You There God? Oh, Right. You Went On A Holiday. (snigdharai.wordpress.com)
- Message of the Beatitudes – One (pastorswifelife.wordpress.com)
- God Said No (theharvestprinciple.wordpress.com)
- God Is All Mercy and Love! (conmakhalira.wordpress.com)
- How Good Will Heaven Be, Anyway? (mindrenewers.com)
- Heaven!! (sakuramochi.wordpress.com)
- Going Through Frustrations in Life With God. Part 2 (abb9.wordpress.com)
- Why all the dead religon? – Part 2 (realgodrealpeople.wordpress.com)
- a dialog on God (definition of “God”) (jrfibonacci.wordpress.com)
- Friday Is a Good Thing (oneragamuffin.wordpress.com)
- What has God given YOU? (dailydropsofwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Good People Go To Heaven, Right? (dianasymons.com)
- Who or What and Where is God? (rockpire.com)
- It’s not fair! (nwelford.wordpress.com)
- No Weariness in Heaven (jcrylequotes.com)
- No Rewards in Heaven? (bound4grace.wordpress.com)
- God’s plan v.s. our plan which is better? (rambosbikerministry.wordpress.com)
- Where is God in the Chaos? – Part 1 (livinghislegacy.wordpress.com)
- God is Omnipresent- Boyace Van Harlan Jr., PhD (imageinme.wordpress.com)
- Why God Won’t Allow Me to Heaven (ichosethebluepill.wordpress.com)
- Gloria Wendroff – The Heaven Letters – From The Sound That Arose – 14 April 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- She is My Sanctuary, My Heaven (mdavis11.wordpress.com)
- God Encounters – What are they? (j4man.wordpress.com)
When God Contradicts Us (pastorron7.wordpress.com)
- Spirit, Soul, and Body: how the Old and New Covenants differ in emphasis (briancoatney.com)
- Stupid People (chadfisheronline.wordpress.com)
- God’s Faithfulness (mylifesjourneyhere.wordpress.com)
- Who am I that God should be generous toward me? (prhayz.com)
- Is God really listening? (baptistjournal.wordpress.com)
- Honor God (bob43.wordpress.com)