Contrasting mortal words to Eternal Life
Anything that could be labeled eternal must already be now and always. In contrast, with language, a particular story can be constructed about a specific past memory. Any single isolated process is not eternal. In other words, anything that has ended cannot be eternal. Anything that is eternal cannot have ended.
Language isolates and contrasts. Language divides reality in to various identifiable distinctions, at least conceptually.
With language, a particular story can be constructed about a specific possibility for the future. Again, anything that is not already present cannot be eternal. Anything that is eternal cannot currently be absent.
Can eternal life be achieved? If something is eternal, it is already present.
Can eternal life be prevented? If something is eternal, it is always present… like inevitable.
Language is a set of symbolic labels. Language forms, develops, and sometimes may pause.
Eternal life is not the product of language, though the words “eternal life” are symbolic labels in language. Eternal life refers to something distinct from language, something prior to mortal identifications in words.
Identifications or identities require language. Identifications are symbolic constructions in language and of language and by language.
Identifications and the process of identifying are only possible through language. Prior to the development of language, there is no identifying, no labeling, no contrasting, no isolating.
Past and future (as well as “present”) are labels in language. When linear language is functioning, the past can be contrasted from the future (not yet), but any particular past is a construction in language. Which part of the past is not constructed with language? Even to answer the question requires language.
Eternity does not require language. Eternity precedes the functioning of language. During the functioning of language, eternity remains.
Eternity is life. Life is eternity.
Can life be achieved? Can life be prevented? Life is eternal. It is already present, always present, inevitably and unavoidably and eternally present.
Can eternity be achieved? Can eternity be prevented? Eternity is alive now. It is already present, always present, inevitably and unavoidably and presently present.
Eternal life is what is present. There is no special language for achieving the eternal life that is always present. There is no isolated linguistic identifying of personality that achieves eternal life.
Eternal life forms language, using language to contrast, to label, to isolate, to identify. An identifying in language is something that Eternal Life can do. Eternal Life can create various identities. Those linguistic identities are like branches on a tree.
Can the branches of a tree cancel the tree? Can the branches of a tree achieve the tree?
The branches of the tree are already the tree. The linguistic identifyings formed by Eternal Life are like branches of a tree.
The tree is the more basic reality than the branches. The branches are mere formations of tree. More precisely, branching is something that the tree does. Branching is one activity of the tree, like rooting or flowering.
Likewise, identities are linguistic formations of Eternal Life. More precisely, linguistic identifying is something that Eternal Life does. Linguistic identifying (and isolating, labeling, contrasting, etc) is the activity of Eternal Life.
In the absence of the process of linguistic identifying, Eternal Life remains. In the presence of the process of linguistic identifying, Eternal Life remains.
Life is eternal eternity. Language is the activity of life. Language is a formation done by life. Identities in language are formations done by life. Identifying in language is something that Eternal Life can do.
Language is symbolic. Language is interpretation. There is no such thing as a literal interpretation. Interpretations involve the use of linguistic symbols. There are no literal symbols or literal interpretations or literal metaphors or even literal identities.
Identities are just constructions in language. Literally speaking, there is no such thing as non-linguistic linguistic identifyings. All linguistic identifyings are symbolic, figurative, interpretative, linguistic, poetic, metaphorical, mythological, and mortal.
Identifyings constructed in language cannot be eternal. Identifyings constructed in language must be mortal. Identifyings constructed in language must be words.
Words are mortal, not eternal. Identities are mortals. Mortals are linguistic identifyings, poetic, symbolic, figurative, interpretative, mythological, metaphorical. Mortals are just constructions in words. Mortal words are not Eternal Life.
The words “Eternal Life” are not Eternal Life. All words including the words “Eternal Life” are just linguistic labels, symbols, poetry.
The label “Eternal Life” is just one possible linguistic construction. The label “Eternal Life” is just another mortal.
In some other language besides English, some other label can refer to what is referenced by “Eternal Life.” Even within English, other labels can refer to what is referenced by “Eternal Life,” such as God, the Universe, Nature, Creation, Consciousness, Christ, the Tree of Life, the branches of the Tree of Life, and also all of the linguistic labels that figuratively isolate, that symbolically divide, that metaphorically contrast.
There are however a few linguistic labels that do not divide. For instance, who can name one thing that is not language? Who can speak without language? Who can be spoken of without language? What identity can be referenced without language? What linguistic identifying is not just a construction of symbolic poetry, of figurative interpretation, of metaphorical labels?
Are you a mortal constructed from words or are you Eternal Life which constructs mortals from words? If there is no linguistic answering constructed with words, are you still here? Can Eternal Life die? Can Eternal Life be reborn? When exactly was Eternal Life born?
When exactly are you not eternal? When exactly are you not alive as life itself?
When exactly is a branch not the tree? When does a branch achieve being the tree?
When exactly is a symbolic mortal identifying in words not merely symbolic? When exactly does a symbolic mortal identifying in words achieve Eternal Life? How exactly does a branch achieve being a tree? How exactly does a symbolic mortal identifying in words achieve Eternal Life?
A symbolic mortal identifying in words does not do anything. Eternal Life does symbolic mortal identifying in words.
A label does not do anything. A symbol does not do anything. A word does not do anything.
A flowering does not do anything. A breathing does not do anything. A melting does not do anything.
Melting and breathing and flowering are entirely valid symbolic mortal identifyings in words. They just do not do anything.
A label does not do anything. A symbol does not do anything. A word does not do anything.
Eternal Life makes labels and symbols and words. Eternal Life can even construct non-sense linguistic formations like “non-linguistic language” or “literal interpretation.”
“I am not just a symbolic mortal identifying in words” is also non-sense. It is valid as a possible construction of language, but it is just figurative, just symbolic, just metaphorical, just linguistic.
Language is eternally symbolic, inevitably figurative, inherently metaphorical, intrinsically mortal. Eternal Life- as a construction in language- is also eternally symbolic, inevitably figurative, inherently metaphorical, intrinsically mortal. However, Eternal Life references that which constructs with language rather than some created creation of language.
What created Eternal Life? Who created Eternal Life? When exactly was Eternal Life created?
I create Eternal Life now. I did not do it in the past and I will not do it in the future because those are just labels in language (past and future).
I am now, already, and always. I create Eternal Life. I am creating Eternal Life now. I did not ever start creating Eternal Life. I did not ever plan to eventually create Eternal Life. I am creating Eternal Life.
I am also creating entirely valid linguistic formations like “achieving Eternal Life” and “preventing what is already present” and “I am not just a symbolic mortal linguistic identifying.” That is like a tree saying “no, I am not that branch. I am only these branches over here- or no how about this I am not any of those branchings at all. I did not do that branch or any of the others either. I do not know how the branches got there or how the branching happened. It must have been the devil. It is just a random coincidence. Maybe those branches do not even actually exist. Maybe they are just constructions of YOUR imagination! You, by the way, are definitely not me. You and I are inherently, intrinsically, and eternally isolated. Anyway, shouldn’t you be trying to achieve Eternal Life?”
Recognize that Eternal Life forms linguistic identities. You are not a personal linguistic identifying grafting to a branch or receiving Eternal Life or achieving Eternal Life. Eternal Life has always included all of it’s linguistic identities and symbolic formations.
You are Eternal Life. However, you can say that you are not. You can say that you are only an isolated persona of linguistic identifying. You can say you are only a believer, only a branch, only an isolated persona of linguistic identifying. That is just something that you can say, like “certain words are the most important of all words, and if I just believe in those words, then I can eventually achieve Eternal Life.”
Saying that a branch is not part of the tree does not change that the branching is inherently just a function that the tree does. Saying that an isolated mortal persona of symbolic, figurative, poetic, linguistic identifying is not Eternal Life does not change that Eternal Life forms and uses language (Logos).
- Eternal Life (faithfamilyto.org)
- Archives #4: Eternal Life. The Reason For Jesus’ Coming and The Primary Object of the Plan of Redemption (featuredscribbles.wordpress.com)
- January 27 – Do I Really Know Him? (lelandfleming.wordpress.com)
- Get a(n) (eternal) life (4simpsons.wordpress.com)
- Eisegesis 101: John 3:16 (thelightheartedcalvinist.com)
- New Page – Eternal Life (therecoveringlegalist.com)
- Fellowship In Eternal Life (hipfellows.wordpress.com)
- Secrets Jesus Revealed in the Other Lord’s Prayer Part 1 (cherilynclough.com)
- Teaching Lesson 7, “The Immortality of the Soul” (bycommonconsent.com)
- The Eternal Life Indescribable (pickandprintgallery.wordpress.com)
- Somebody Has to Die! (thetestofthecross.wordpress.com)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Considerations; 1. Extraordinary Claims vs. Proof (craighartonline.com)
- May we not be silent (pastorayres.wordpress.com)
- Eternal Life in the Present (reviewedthought.wordpress.com)
- The Real Miracle (beingrebekah.com)
- Are You Too Busy for God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Sermon (riversidechapelministry.wordpress.com)
- Celebrating Easter without a bunny (inhisservicetilhecomes.com)
- Celebrating Easter (thelivingmessage.com)
- Christ Our Tree of Life (livinginthereign.wordpress.com)
- The Greatest Gift of All (lifereference.wordpress.com)
- Celebrate – He is Risen! (godsincontrol.wordpress.com)
- Eternal Life Is Overrated (agalltyr.wordpress.com)
- Easter is a time when My death on the cross is contemplated properly (trusthismercy.wordpress.com)
- Moral Dominion – Daily Devotion By Oswald Chambers (gospelbondservant.com)
- As many as were ordained to eternal life believed, but they were not FORCED Acts 13:48 (bjorkbloggen.wordpress.com)
- Verbal Communication (prmarketingcommunication.com)
- Do You Like The Italian Language? Here the information about the most important and ancient institution for the protection of the Italian language (realestatejewels.wordpress.com)
- Language: The Cultural Tool by Daniel Everett (guardian.co.uk)
- The Word became flesh… and spoke Aramaic (eatingwithsinners.wordpress.com)
- On Interpretation and Multiple Layers of Reading (tonguesophistries.wordpress.com)
- Death in Thelema (iao131.com)
- Say “Shibboleth”… (eatingwithsinners.wordpress.com)
- ” . . . Who Loves to Have the Preeminence” (drgregaustin.wordpress.com)
- Witty Genstein (ethanlinstrom.wordpress.com)
- John Tropea: Complex systems include patterns, randomness does not (johntropea.tumblr.com)
- I Believe: A Short Exposition of Orthodox Doctrine [Ich glaube. Kurze Darlegung der orthodoxen christlichen Lehre] (consensuspatrum.wordpress.com)
- Beyond Happiness And Unhappiness: An Interview with Eckhart Tolle by Steve Donoso (evolutionarymystic.wordpress.com)
- Our duality (ofthespiritual.wordpress.com)
- On Having No Head (2) (hilobrow.com)
- In Search of What I Believed Was a Deeper Meaning (psychologytoday.com)
- An Essay on Belief (taoofwalking.wordpress.com)
- The Will is Supra-Rational (iao131.com)
- Cogito Ergo Sum (marietaylorink.com)
- Symbolic & Linguistic Phenomena [Introduction] (lestempsfonces.com)
- The Grammar of Happiness: An Interview with Daniel Everett (boingboing.net)
- The Forge of Language (horizonsofsignificance.wordpress.com)
- How Vision Can Create Community and Culture by Guest Contributor David Isaksen (reasonfromrhetoric.com)
- Zen, and the Cosmic Crystal Monad (amras888.wordpress.com)
- Biogenetic factors in mental development (grammargraph.wordpress.com)
- The Empty Vessel (crowspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Guest Post: Say what you see… (teflgeek.net)
- Divine Tao: Tao te Ching – The Nature of Polarity (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Ingredient To Eternal Life (christcenteredteaching.wordpress.com)
- Eat and Live For Ever (frted.wordpress.com)
- You Are Who You Eat (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- Remembering (achorusofehoes.wordpress.com)
- When Men and Their Words Become IDOLS… (selahvtoday.typepad.com)
- Eternal Life (accessministries.wordpress.com)
- Is This Real Life? It’s Eternal Life! (writerwithacause.wordpress.com)
- Evangelical Exegetical Commentary: 1-3 John (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Meaningless (specializingintheimpossible.wordpress.com)
- The Bread of Life (leadmeintheeverlastingway.com)
- Julie Flynn Badal: Social Media and the Promise of Eternal Life (huffingtonpost.com)
- Witnessing to Muslims: Why Did Jesus Have to Die? (joequatronejr.wordpress.com)
- Q3 ” what is eternal life ?” (ptl2010.com)
- Why Easter Is So Important To Us All? (jesusis4u.wordpress.com)
- Why Read the Bible? – Day 11 of 32 – Eternal Life (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Does “Eternal Life” in Passages like John 3:16 Imply That Apostasy is Impossible? (arminianperspectives.wordpress.com)
- Things We Had Better Know (ptl2010.com)
- And this is eternal life (prayforgujarat.wordpress.com)
- 5 Bullet Points About Death (challies.com)
- Teaching Chapter 10, “The Scriptures, the Most Valuable Library in the World” (bycommonconsent.com)
- Cookies from the Cookie Jar (pmishler.wordpress.com)
- Sharing Sunday: What kind of tree are you? (hint: check out your fruit) (refusingtotiptoe.com)
- Death is bliss (gromesoapbox.com)
- Liberty and Justice for All (a response to the Presidential announcement) (conquerorshots.wordpress.com)
- Chronicles Of Crises In Our Communities (jewishpress.com)
- Easter: a Clear Reminder of Bright Hope (firefliesofhope.typepad.com)
- We proclaim one faith one God one Lord (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)
- Olive Oil, Eggs & Torta Pascualina: Symbols of Easter (firefliesofhope.typepad.com)
- The kingdom is a seed ! (pjgracecommunity.wordpress.com)
- For What the Law Could Not Do (sabbathsermons.com)
- John Wesley’s Sermon on Worldly Folly (restart.typepad.com)
- Creation and the Nature of Man (signposts02.wordpress.com)
- Literal Lucy to the rescue: A new way to distinguish between literal meaning and contextual meaning (eurekalert.org)
- Like a Prayer: Words That Get Us Moving (practicingvicariously.com)
- The Meaning of “Holy Tradition” [By Dr. Guy Freeland (Lecturer in Liturgical Studies and Hermeneutics at St Andrew’s Theological College Sydney) Source: The Greek Orthodox Youth of Australia in Dialogue 2 (1986): 98-105.] (modeoflife.org)
- Angry Words | Tom Bartlett | Chronicle Review | 20 March 2012 (chronicle.com)
- Death of the Queen’s English Society (languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu)
- The Recalcitrant Jesus: Proto-gnostic Influences upon the Nature and Character of the Johannine Jesus (kitsimpson.wordpress.com)
- Rediscovering Literacy (ribbonfarm.com)
- “Interplay of Metaphors and Iconicity in understanding Idioms and Proverbs” (abeyweera.wordpress.com)
- Exposing Christianity’s Moral Corruption (integrity4humanity.wordpress.com)
- New way to distinguish between literal meaning and contextual meaning (scienceblog.com)
- The Eye of a Needle (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- ‘fringe’ historical linguistics 9 (skepticalhumanities.com)
- 18. Earl Doherty’s Response to Bart Ehrman’s Case Against Mythicism – Pt.18 (vridar.wordpress.com)
- Connectivity – The New Paradigm (professortaboo.wordpress.com)
- Jesus as the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. A Christian Reply to Zakir Naik’s Explanation of John 14:6 (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)
- Gandhi and Christ: What Did Jesus Mean to Gandhi? (sharefaith.wordpress.com)
- What Does God Got To Do With Me? (womendivas4god.wordpress.com)
- Is a Thinking Man’s Afterlife Conceivable? (maverickphilosopher.typepad.com)
- What Lack I Yet? (mountaintopministriesworldwide.wordpress.com)
- The Power of a Testimony… (breakawaybylintrollins.wordpress.com)
- Transformed By Our Troubles ♥ (womendivas4god.wordpress.com)
- Embrace your birthright (dailymedit.wordpress.com)
- This Is A War Briefing! (pilgrimpassing.com)
- Matthew 7:16-18 – CHRISTMAS TREE OR FRUIT TREE? (pastorross1.wordpress.com)
- How Does Jesus Save? (vanguardngr.com)
- Christianity (slideshare.net)
- Enlightened Beings ~ There Is No Death (shiftfrequency.com)
- The Wages of Sin is Not Eternal Torment (truthinscripture.com)
- In the Begining! (apollorising2012.wordpress.com)
- Sacrifice of Blood and Flesh (part 1) (yellowdogstudio.org)
- The Catholic Connection: Part 3 (1catholicsalmon.com)
- The Love Position – Is my salvation predestined or do I have free will? (diaryofasuperchamp.wordpress.com)
- Homily for the … (frbonnie.wordpress.com)
- What did Jesus mean when He said the first will be last and the last will be first? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Taking the Right Path (pepeprays.wordpress.com)
- The Nicodemian factor… (livingjourney.wordpress.com)
- Freedom Part 4 – Celebrating My Own Freedom (jonwellman.com)
- The rich young ruler (pjgracecommunity.wordpress.com)
- Fifteenth Sunday Cycle B (frdoug.typepad.com)
- All Have Eternal Life (ptl2010.com)
- Truths Man Has Forgotten or Does Not Know! (keyword-power.com)
- Bible verses and thoughts about obtaining and holding on to hope (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Fight the good fight of the faith (leadmeintheeverlastingway.com)
- Compelling New Book Features Spiritual Insights on Eternal Life (prweb.com)
- Place-names, Politics and Conflict (sluggerotoole.com)
- Seventh-Day Adventists Fundamental Beliefs (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Milk and honey and believing the gospel (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- Link love: language (44) (stancarey.wordpress.com)
- Kingdom of God – New United Church of God Sermons Help Worshipers Find Its Many Front Doors (prweb.com)
- sound symbols, archetypes & the power of myth: an alchemic journey with Nature begins, Willi Paul, openmythsource.com (openmythsource.com)
- Linguistic oriented theories(pinker) (slideshare.net)
- Of Souls, Symbols, and Sacraments (morebrightlyshine.wordpress.com)
- A Letter to My Friend’s Uncle Who Warned Him Against the Dangers of the Catholic Church (servusfidelis.wordpress.com)
- Prometheus Poses Eternal Questions About Science and Creationism (wired.com)
- A Short Course on Revelation (omharris.com)
- An Amazing Old Testament Prophecy ~ Genesis Five (faithbibleministries.wordpress.com)
- The Dalai Lama’s Reflections on the Realistic Approach of Buddhism: Talks to Former Dharamsala Residents from the West – Part Two: The Meeting Point of the East and the West (BerzinArchives.com)
- Buddha Wasn’t a Buddhist & Water Isn’t a Bottle of Evian! (elephantjournal.com)
- What Really Is the Roman Road? (briancoatney.com)
- God Promising Eternal Life (incontestable.wordpress.com)
- The Beginning of Eternal Life (dailybibleplan.com)
- How To Get Eternal Life (dthrasher.wordpress.com)
- Beyond Impossible (butchdean.wordpress.com)
- Can You Lose Your Salvation? (pttyann2.wordpress.com)
advaita zen anatma brahman
Tags: advaita, anatma, brahman, Christ, Eternal Life, God, identification, identifying, Jesus Christ, language, language isolates, literal interpretation, mortal, santa claus, symbol, symbolic, tree of life, zen