Practical Economics and the Conspiracy Distraction
Imagine a natural phenomenon, such as seasons or cyclic eclipses. An astute observer notices a pattern and then claims to be the magical source of the cycle. Some man in a funny costume notices an eclipse is coming soon and goes before the masses and announces loudly “I am going to cause the moon to block the sun because you people do not do what you should.”
The people listen to him attentively at first- because he does have a funny costume- but then begin to laugh at his ridiculous threat and return to their prior activities… only to be terrified moments later when the sun is blocked by the moon. They demand of the man in a funny costume “please, tell us what we should do!”
The man in the funny costume announces that he is named Sylvester McMonkey McBean and then says, “okay, let me go pray to God and do some other divinations with my crystal ball and such. I will be back in a little while to tell you what you should do.” He goes off then, closely tracking the time for when the eclipse is due to end.
He comes out when the eclipse is almost due to end and then says: “I have finished my consultations facilitated by the Wizard of Oz and I have found out the information that you want to know!” Everyone gasps and claps and cheers, then quiets down for him to continue: “You should buy these special gold coins from me because there is an economic crisis coming and these magical gold coins bearing the face of Ron Paul are the only thing that will save you. Everyone needs one or else they may catch, uh, the plague. So, who will be first?”
Next, an accomplice who is not dressed in a funny costume, but looks like a “common person,” rushes up to be the first to buy a gold coin from the man in the funny costume, the alleged Mr. McBean. Of course, there are a bunch of gold coins stocked and prepared for immediate sale, and of course they may just be gold-plated or a similar color to gold, but people are not especially attentive to details like that in moments of panic.
So, the accomplice buys the first coin and the man in the funny costume says, “you wise fellow, because of your prudence and intelligence, the sun will be revealed again.” This theatrical performance is timed to correspond with the end of the eclipse, and just as the sun comes out, the people are blinded as they clumsily bump into each other, manically lining up in a new gold rush (or “first time home buyers tax credit” rush… or whatever).
By the way, this story may remind you a bit of my favorite Dr. Seuss story, the Sneetches. Sylvester McMonkey McBean is the character in that story who runs the machines that puts stars on bellies or removes them. In our lives, the media are the ones who tell us who is responsible for what. More on that in a moment.
First, in the traditional version of the eclipse story, the man in the funny costume said things like “give me the virgin princess as my wife so I will inherit your kingdom” or “give me one tenth of everything you earn every year for the rest of your life.” Naturally, it is also very important that the practice of astrology be punishable by death, so as to maintain the information monopoly so important to the power of the alleged Mr. McBean.
<ad lib in video>
Now, more relevant to us than the example above, when a figurehead comes on TV or other news media and is attacked for failing to properly guide the economy, that presumes that the figurehead is able to guide the economy! We may think “Hey, I like him. I defend him. He is a good politician. I voted for his father, too. Since I supported him once, I would be embarrassed to stop supporting him, so let’s just re-elect him! We just need more money and more regulation and more central economic interventionist totalitarianism so that the government can save us all from economics. Also, let’s pass a law to double the amount of oil on the planet, subject to further doubling later of course.”
Others may think, “You fools! Mr. McBean is a corrupt politician and he has betrayed us. What we need is to replace him with a politician who is not corrupt. Let’s recall that traitor McBean and elect Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor instead. Then, we obviously need to pass an amendment to make it unconstitutional to add any more amendments or treaties or to in any way adapt beyond the original confines of the Sacred Word of God, also known as the US Constitution, except this one last amendment to allow for Arnold to have all the power he needs protect us from totalitarianism.”
So, when the media tell us who is responsible for an event that shocks us, like 9/11, we may instantly presume that the people they say are responsible are in fact responsible. Our favorite politicians and musicians and athletes, plus a constant stream of other media celebrities may join in condemning the alleged responsible parties. We believe what they tell us, right?
If Mr. McBean threatens us with an eclipse and then it happens, that must be because he is more powerful than the Federal Reserve, right? Wait: what if the Federal Reserve is not quite as influential as the media has indoctrinated us? What if central economic interventionist totalitarianism cannot actually save anyone from economics?
Well, if there is such a thing as words, then maybe there is such a thing as lying. Maybe the idea that the US President and Federal Reserve are in control of the global economy could be a slightly misleading assertion.
If so, then maybe there is a reason that people are being trained to focus on what is the best form of totalitarianism (or on opposing totalitarianism). Maybe certain commercial interests are trying to distract you and train you to “buy and hold” investments like real estate, stocks, and gold- investments that some astute observers may have realized have reached a natural “seasonal” shift.
Rothschild is famous for having dumped shares of the Bank of England one day, and with rumors spreading that he had early “insider” knowledge of the outcome of the British Empire’s conflict with Napoleon at Waterloo (which had implications for the future value of the bank of England), other shareholders dumped their stock as well. Rothschild then bought back the greatly discounted shares once the stock priced had crashed sufficiently for his purposes, becoming majority owner of the Bank of England.
What we have forming now is not a brief “flash crash,” as was the case with Rothschild or 9/11. What we have now is a set of herds of complacent people emotionally dependent on the media, who are impatiently waiting to be rescued from economics (and politics). Some promote the “right” form of central economic planning and others invest their attention in opposing all forms of central economic planning, as if a few politicians, rather than the masses, are the actual core agents of global economics.
“If only we buy the magic gold coins with the face of Ron Paul, then we will never have to make any other personal adjustments financially. He will save us from the influence of the people who may not actually have much direct influence.”
It is the FAITH of the people that gives the Mr. McBean and his other global leaders so much influence. He would not be a leader if not for all the people following him and behaving as he indoctrinates them.
So, the people as a whole may not be really economically dependent on the actions of governments (or the Federal Reserve)- even if quite a few bureaucrats and beneficiaries are directly dependent. The masses may think that the figureheads are responsible for economic trends, but that could be just some government propaganda taught in government schools and the mass media so on.
The influence of governments is indirect (at least in some cases). If the masses of people follow someone, then that someone is their leader.
Multitudes of people now are arguing over how to support Mr. McBean or how to replace him. Consider now a slight twist. McBean is not the mastermind. He is the accomplice. The so-called accomplice may be the mastermind.
Rothschild (or Rockefeller) comes on TV and says “yes, we need more government interventions to rescue us from economics. People should not sell their real estate or stocks- after all, that is unpatriotic- and the most patriotic thing to do is of course to sell gold.” Then, all the constitutionalist reactionaries get together and decide that they must buy gold because their enemy said to sell it.
Whatever…. The point is that cycles happen naturally whether or not someone claims to be responsible for them like McBean or the Federal Reserve or the US Government or the mainstream media. If you worship the words of the media, you may remain complacent and be responsible for the massive transfer of the ownership of US real estate and stocks (private businesses) to Mr. McBean. If you recognize that some words are not actually literally true, and that cycles of economic behavior just might happen naturally, then you might have already stopped obsessing over how corrupt Mr. McBean is and started to consider personal adjustments that you can make.
There is no mere eclipse coming. This seems to me to be a long economic winter for the Western Industrialized nations. Just because I am saying so before it happens does not mean that it is the result of some plan.
Empires rise and fall. That is the nature of empires.
Is the emerging “fall of the west” planned? If you care at all about whether it is planned or not, you did not get the point of this message. The best time to adjust is now.
- My Way to Financial Freedom! (gohascorner.wordpress.com)
- Using @AtlantaFed’s Deflation Probabilities to Make Two Snarky Comments About Liberals (rortybomb.wordpress.com)
- Multiple Criminal Investigations Zero In On Rothschild’s Banking Cabal. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- House of Lords UK Parliment: Lord James of Blackheath Speaks of Money-Laundering, Rogue US Government Dept., Extraordinary Fraud (the2012scenario.com)
- Lord James of Blackheath, “15 Trillion Dollars & 759,000 Metric Tons of Gold” (2012indyinfo.com)
- Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura JFK assassination deathbed confession (tatoott1009.com)
- Quantitative easing: not actually evil (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- The Purpose Behind Engineered Economic Collapse (anationbeguiled.wordpress.com)
- States seek currencies made of silver and gold (money.cnn.com)
- Cash For Gold Coins – Where is the Best Place to Sell My Gold Coins? (edocr.com)
- Selling Gold Coins – How to Get Maximum Cash (edocr.com)
- $1 million in gold US coins found in rafters in France (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Spain Gains Access to the Shipwreck Gold and Silver Coins of the Spanish Frigate Nuestra Senora de Las Mercedes – Worth Over $1 BILLION Dollars. (incaunipocrit.wordpress.com)
- Bill Would Legalize Use Of Gold & Silver Coins As Currency (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Ready To Buy More Gold (powerorliberty.wordpress.com)
- Having the buying price of rare metal clinging while in the higher stratosphere, investors usually are falling rear excited about bullion. (microphone-film.net)
- Interest Rates in a Gold Coin Standard by Gary North ~ “…This is mainly the result of Ron Paul’s 2007 candidacy for the Republican nomination …” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Involve some gold bullion with the really hard times (microphone-film.net)
- How The Gold Standard Was Ended – Just Cause A Public Panic, Which FDR Did (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Swiss Gold Franc and British Sovereign World Gold Coins Now Available at Regal Assets (prweb.com)
- National Discount Coins Launches New Nationwide Advertising Campaign (prweb.com)
- UAE’s first gold coin to go on sale by end of this month (noorislamicbank.wordpress.com)
- Mexican Gold Peso and French Gold Francs Now Available at US Gold Dealer Regal Assets (prweb.com)
- Buffalo Gold Coins Favored Internationally Over American Gold Eagle Coins (prweb.com)
- Federal Reserve adding another nail to the coffin (spellchek.wordpress.com)
- Your Gold Coin Fuelled Regime. (thoughtofvg.wordpress.com)
- Sneetches! (eliebean.wordpress.com)
- States To Use Gold and Silver as Legal Tender (activistpost.com)
- Utah Expands Legal Tender in the State (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Limited Quantity – Gold Coins with Historic Demand (apmex.com)
- REAL NEWS May 02, 2012 (danimartextras.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul’s Mega Crowds… No Media Coverage! (12160.info)
- The Top Ten Management Primer on The Gold Standard: All That You Need to Know About The Rise and Fall of The Gold Standard (socyberty.com)
- Ron Paul: “A true revolution has to be ideological” (ronpaulnews.net)
- Ron Paul is leading an ideologically positive revolution (headlineclicker.com)
- Ron Paulites: Loud, obnoxious and uninformed (capitolhillblue.com)
- Ron Paul Revolution in Houston & Austin Texas – Local News Mashup (dailypaul.com)
- Ron Paul: Rupert Murdoch Finds Him “Fascinating” (txwclp.org)
- Ron Paul: Rupert Murdoch Finds Him “Fascinating” (reason.com)
- This Week in Conspiracy (11 April 2012) (skepticalhumanities.com)
- If the Church functioned like the Ron Paul Revolution, Jesus would be back by now! (sueannporter.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul’s mega crowds… no Media coverage! (veteranstoday.com)
- Brian Doherty on Why Young People Love Ron Paul (reason.com)
- Ron Paul Revolution War Cry ! (teapartywpbfl.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Revolution War Cry ! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Is Fear of Ron Paul Behind the Crazed Fed Speaking Binge? (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Attn. D.C. Reasonoids! Come See Ron Paul’s rEVOLution Author Brian Doherty at a May 14 Reason Reception and a May 15 Cato Event Featuring Sen. Rand Paul! (reason.com)
- Civilized People Should Buy Gold (lewrockwell.com)
- Federal Reserve predicts new economic crisis (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Federal Reserve warns of new economic crisis (rt.com)
- Federal Reserve warns of new economic crisis (judgementofamerica.wordpress.com)
- Bill Moyers: Banksters Take Us to the Brink-Our Municipalities Are Taking A Hit (drrexdexter-1241358.newsvine.com)
- A Dollar’s Worth in 1913 Costs $23.52 Today. Thank the Federal Reserve Banksters! (sgtreport.com)
- #BANKSTERS Top Thieves – No Honor #FED #BoE (occupythebanks.com)
- Re-Educating The Conspiracy Theorist: The Five Key Issues (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- #BANKSTERS Max Keiser – On The Edge #LIBOR #CRIME (occupythebanks.com)
- Re-Educating The Conspiracy Theorist: The Five Key Issues (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Re-Educating The Conspiracy Theorist: The Five Key Issues (truth11.com)
- Bankster Power (lewrockwell.com)
- Living in a Banksters’ Paradise – Part 1 of 2 (activistpost.com)
- Banksters Tighten Their Grip: Avg. Net Worth Falls 40% From 2007-2010 (whitenewsnow.com)
- The Official Bankster Dictionary (zerohedge.com)
- Main Stream CNBC Admits That We Are Slaves To The Banksters (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Real War (personalliberty.com)
- Why we’re light years away from solving our problems (sovereignman.com)
- The mainstream media is a concentration camp of the mind. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Guest Post: Does Central-Bank Gold-Buying Signal The Top Is Near? (zerohedge.com)
- Ron Paul on Why Bankster Power Must be Eradicated (marketoracle.co.uk)
- The Official Bankster Dictionary (americankabuki.blogspot.com)
- The Bankster Dictionary (theburningplatform.com)
- Banksters, Golden Parachutes and Unemployment Insurance (middle-class-populist.com)
- Bankster Fraud, Debt, and Default (lewrockwell.com)
- The History Of The Federal Reserve System (zerohedge.com)
- Silver and Gold Bartering, Now and Post-Societal Collapse, by T.R. (survivalblog.com)
- Does Central-Bank Gold-Buying Signal the Top Is Near? (safehaven.com)
- Return to Jekyll Island (ritholtz.com)
- Wake Up: Rainbows and butterflies DON’T come from baby gnomes! (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)
- Trump overshadows Romney with ‘birther’ talk – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- House passes UN conspiracy resolution (junkscience.com)
- Gingrich: Obama an ‘American-born job-killing president’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Smear Artists for the Total State (lewrockwell.com)
- The CIA’s Inquisition: How Terrorism And Conspiracy Theory Became The New Blasphemy And Heresy (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- THE 9/11 MYTH: State Propaganda, Historical Revisionism, and the Perpetuation of the 9/11 Myth (terorismsicontraterorismdotwordpressdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Trump overshadows Romney with ‘birther’ talk (tbo.com)
- Conspiracy Theories, Autism, Fear, and Life on the Crazy Train (womanwithaspergers.wordpress.com)
- Trump overshadows Romney with ‘birther’ talk (newsday.com)
- Trump overshadows Romney with ‘birther’ talk (news.yahoo.com)
- Powerful Quotes (passionforliberty.com)
- Blitzer and Trump go at it over Trump’s ‘birther’ claims (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Europe, Victim Of Plutocracy (patriceayme.wordpress.com)
- COUNTER-TERRORISM: Olympian Politics (strategypage.com)
- For Romney, a day of peaks and valleys (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- The CIA’s Inquisition: How Terrorism And Conspiracy Theory Became The New Blasphemy And Heresy (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- The CIA’s Inquisition: How Terrorism And Conspiracy Theory Became The New Blasphemy And Heresy (blacklistednews.com)
- 3. Alex Jones the King of Sound Effects (12160.info)
- Alex Jones Show: Sunday (7-8-12) Dan Feidt (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Drudge Promotes Story From Conspiracy Website Claiming Obama Plans To Murder Conservative Journalists (thinkprogress.org)
- Alex Jones Show: Tuesday (7-10-12) Full Show (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Alex Jones Show: Friday (7-13-12) Larry Grathwohl (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Bilderberg 2012 – Alex Jones calls for protests on RTAmerica (unicornivore.wordpress.com)
- Cliff Kincaid – Russian Dupes Behind Bilderberger Protests (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Politics & NWO – Alex Jones 1 Million Dollar Money Bomb 2012 Poison Planet (disclose.tv)
- Occupy Bohemian Grove 2012 Heats Up This Weekend (sgtreport.com)
- This Week in Conspiracy (19 May 2012) (skepticalhumanities.com)
- Top Ten Insane Conspiracy Theories That Distract From Exposing Real Cover-Ups (unicornivore.wordpress.com)
- False Flags And Conspiracy Theories Soaring Above London Olympic Stadium (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Watching the Clock: Will a Total Economic Collapse Occur in September-October? (sgtreport.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Obama Information Czar Confronted Over “Ban Conspiracy Theories” Paper (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Conspiracy (3 June 2012) (skepticalhumanities.com)
- The Triumph of Modern Schooling & Academia (dollarvigilante.com)
- Alex Jones, those pesky Bilderbergers and the unbearable lightness of being Barry Obama. (baileyalexander.typepad.com)
- Watching the Clock: Will a Total Economic Collapse Occur in September – October? (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Watching the Clock: Will a Total Economic Collapse Occur in September-October? (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Alex Jones Show: Sunday (7-8-12) Dan Feidt (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- GOLD, the Overcrowded Trade: Selling a 1 Oz Gold Coin for $25 (when it’s worth over $1,500) (sgtreport.com)
- When (theburningplatform.com)
- Conspiracy loon Alec Baldwin has more ‘questions’ about Andrew Breitbart’s death (twitchy.com)
- Mervyn King has turned our leaders into zombie puppets | Simon Jenkins (guardian.co.uk)
Tags: alex jones, bankster, bilderberg, bilderberg group, British Empire, condemn, conspiracy, creature from jekyll island, economic crisis, financial crisis, glenn beck, God, Gold as an investment, new world order, prudence, ron paul, ron paul revolution, stock