Winning Political Arguments
Have you noticed that every government in the world was started by heroes, at least according to the people who started any particular government? However, anyone who is trying to overthrow an existing government is a criminal, at least according to that existing government.
So, how does that work exactly? Anyone who is in the process of overthrowing a government is a criminal, but if they succeed then they grant themselves amnesty or a presidential pardon
or their conviction is overturned by the supreme court and then everyone else labels them heroes. Isn’t that right?
Let’s take Nelson Mandela
. To the government he was trying to overthrow, he was a terrorist, right? Then, eventually he was made in to a hero, right?
English: Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg, Gauteng, on 13 May 1998 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
In the US
, there were a bunch of colonists who were terrorists
to the British, who the colonists were trying to overthrow, and then when the colonists succeeded in overthrowing the British, the colonists were labeled heroes. Then, in the civil war in the US, the Confederate soldiers
were either heroic
or criminal, depending on who you asked and when you asked them.
If some Native Americans were fighting against the colonists in America, the Natives were obviously terrorists, at least to the colonists. To the Native Americans, the invading colonists were the terrorists.
So, basically, all governments
are formed by criminal terrorists who eventually are considered heroes. Anyone who is trying to overthrow an existing government is not a hero, unless they succeed. However, heroes are only heroes as long as no one overthrows them.
People who are trying to overthrow governments never actually call themselves criminal terrorists. That is just what the existing government calls them.
They call themselves things like freedom fighters and revolutionaries. Then, if they win, they call themselves heroes.
Every existing government is called corrupt by some people who call themselves freedom fighters and revolutionaries. If you call a government corrupt, especially if you also call yourself a freedom fighter or a revolutionary, then there is probably some existing government somewhere calling you a criminal terrorist or at least a thought criminal
If some slaves are trying to escape slavery, they are criminals. If they fight for their freedom, they are terrorists, unless they win. If they win, then they are heroes. Of course, before long, someone may come along to call them corrupt and try to overthrow them or at least escape from their rule.
Now, what does justice mean? Justice is whatever rules that the existing government uses, when referenced by them.
However, when revolutionaries talk about justice, they mean some other rules or patterns besides the popular patterns of an existing government. So, justice means different patterns to different people. However, no matter who is using the word justice, justice is whatever pattern that those people want to promote.
So, if opposing sides in a war or in a political debate are both calling for justice, that would be predictable, right? One side says “our side should win because that is the only way to promote justice.” The other side says something very similar: “our side should win because that is the only way to promote justice.” Every side in every political conflict in human history has said: “our side should win because that is the only way to promote justice.”
In other words, justice always means “the reason that our side should win.” Justice is the justification for our side winning. Justice is justification.
For the revolutionaries, they want to promote justice by replacing the corrupt leaders of the existing government. For the existing government, they want to promote justice by preventing the revolutionaries from competing with the heroes of the existing government.
To an existing government, justice means keeping the old heroes as heroes and preventing any new heroes from overthrowing the old heroes. To a revolutionary competing with an existing government, justice means replacing the old victorious criminal terrorists with some new victors.
The victors are the heroes. The losers are the villains.
Maybe you have noticed that the good guys
always win. Now you know why. The good guys always win because the winners get to tell the stories about who won and about why the victorious good guys defeated the bad guys
It does not really matter if the bad guys were still revolutionary terrorist criminals or were an existing government of corrupt former heroes. As long as the bad guys lost, that guarantees that they will be labeled as the bad guys. The winners label themselves the heroic good guys and the winners label their competition the corrupt criminal villain bad guys.
So, in summary, the good guys always win. Why? Because they have justice on their side.
What’s justice again? Justice is the justification that the victors give for why the bad guys were bad and corrupt, as in why some heroes would have ever competed with them. In other words, justice is the word at end of the following slogan used by all politicians everywhere: ”our side should win because that is the only way to promote justice.”
Maybe you want proof for the idea that the winners define who were the heroic good guys and get to tell their story of which kind of justice motivated them to compete and win. Great! How about this?
Imagine the following campaign speech: “I am an extremely corrupt aspiring politician, in fact, a criminal terrorist. Why? Well, my justification is that the existing government is extremely heroic and good. Therefore, I seek to overthrow them in order to promote injustice.”
Did you notice that there was something unusual about that campaign speech? Yes, right? Further, you may notice whether or not you have ever heard any politician say the following: ”our side should lose because the other side winning is the only way to promote justice.”
Want more proof for the idea that the winners define who were the heroic good guys and get to tell their story of which kind of justice motivated them to compete and to win? Well, here it is. This is the final and conclusive proof. This will convince you.
When there is a sports championship, before the competition, both sides may get nearly equal media attention, right? There is at least some degree of balance, right? However, after the event is over, who gets more attention from the media, like more publicity, like almost of all of the publicity: is it the loser or… the winner?
- Tea Party Terrorists (whitelocust.wordpress.com)
- Time to Tame the Federal Beast Judge Napolitano (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Surprise, Surprise: Navy Seals Don’t Want To Be Sacrificial Lambs In New False Flag (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- A Clear and Present Danger: Tom Clancy and Occupy Xbox (crooksandliars.com)
- Anonymous: Heros or Terrorists? (nickspearing.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” The U.S. Hands the Terrorists a Big Win (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- War of the cyber worm: the most destructive attack on the internet (guardian.co.uk)
- The Time Has Come For The International Community To Put Sanctions on Israel, The United States, And England (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Barnhardt: “The government can’t make you do anything” (examiner.com)
- Giuliani claims ‘terrorist’ MEK only chance for regime change in Iran (rt.com)
- Hero Of Today: Armin Köhli (pdark.de)
- Hero and Villain Types (projectrandomhero.wordpress.com)
- Perversities of Fake Terrorism (repeatingislands.com)
- Democracy (thelordianrants.wordpress.com)
- Our immoral drone war (salon.com)
- Secret justice ‘not crucial to U.S. ties’: Elite lawyers dismiss argument for court restrictions (dailymail.co.uk)
- On Frying-Pans and Fires (musingsofablogger.wordpress.com)
- Activist Post: Secret Freedom Fighters Working to Unseat the New World Order (2012indyinfo.com)
- LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON INTELHUB: Secret Freedom Fighters Working to Unseat the New World Order (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Surveillance, Society and Revolution (jockcoats.me)
- American сannibalism in Syria (Op-Ed) (rt.com)
- Are bikies terrorists? (anactofwar.wordpress.com)
- The Rule of Law in Ethiopia’s Democratic Transition By Alemayehu G Mariam (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- “Because he’s the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now” (oldcountrystrong.wordpress.com)
- Politics & NWO – Revolution! The Plan Was To Overthrow The U.S. Government (disclose.tv)
- Kelly McParland: Amnesty International denounces Canada, and everyone else too (fullcomment.nationalpost.com)
- In Defense of Chris Hayes (theatlantic.com)
- Multiple allegations against Sandusky went unanswered for years (kansascity.com)
- America’s Total War (therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com)
- Bringing Down Assad Is Part of A Larger Elite Effort To Launch World War III (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- The Case of the Missing Terrorists (paulcraigroberts.org)
- The Case of the Missing Terrorists (lewrockwell.com)
- Subversive Thrills (salem-news.com)
- Ron Paulites: Loud, obnoxious and uninformed (capitolhillblue.com)
- The Troubled Revolutionary Path in Egypt: A Return to the Basics (jadaliyya.com)
- Politics 101 for the Far Left: The Right Doesn’t Win, We Lose! (pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com)
- A citizens guide to understanding corporate media propaganda techniques (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Subversive thrills (intrepidreport.com)
- The case of the missing terrorists (intrepidreport.com)
- Tarek Mehanna: Punishing Muslims for free speech only helps Al Qaeda (csmonitor.com)
- How the Obama administration is making the US media its mouthpiece | Glenn Greenwald (guardian.co.uk)
- Michael Brenner: Leaks & Winks: America at the Brink (huffingtonpost.com)
- Syrians, Occupiers And The Propaganda Campaign (criticalandpolitical.wordpress.com)
- PHONY 2012 or The Oxymoron of War as a Humanitarian Effort (danazpositivenature.wordpress.com)
- Michael Brenner: Leaks & Winks: America at the Brink (huffingtonpost.com)
- Leaks and Winks (counterpunch.org)
- Mohamed ElBaradei warns Egypt it is letting a ‘new emperor’ take over (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Where is my children’s democracy?’ The Jilani family speaks out two years after the execution of Ziad (mondoweiss.net)
- Understanding the Propaganda War Against Syria (landdestroyer.blogspot.com)
- Discussing the motives of the Afghan shooter (salon.com)
- Be A Real Humanitarian: Don’t Cry For Syrian Children (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Libya and The End of Western illusions (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- Should Courage Always Be Punished? (dalethoughts.com)
- Holder in Russia: Corruption is a ‘Gateway Crime’ (fcpablog.com)
- Superman vs. the Elite (comicsworthreading.com)
- Ironies in American justice and political cheerleading (salon.com)
- What’s 50 Grand to a Revolutionary Like Me?: Watch the Throne and the New Black Power [Music] (gawker.com)
- 1001 Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama: Closing Arguments (rogueoperator.wordpress.com)
- Laissez-faire with strip-searches: America’s two-faced liberalism | Bernard Harcourt (guardian.co.uk)
- Banned Iranian terror group lobbies for legitimacy on Capitol Hill (guardian.co.uk)
- The Hypocrisy of Double Standards In Democracy, Human Rights and Terrorism (therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com)
- Joan’s Case Update #3 – Cover-up Not Clean-up (whirledview.typepad.com)
- If Assisting the Economically Deprived is Immoral Then Jesus Was a Pimp (woodgatesview.com)
- Saudi Arabia: PR Groups Aiding Terror Are Prosecuted (iranaware.com)
- Free Michael Behenna: Scapegoating a Hero rotting in Leavenworth Date for Oral Arguments Set and a New Fund (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Moisés Naím: The Rise of the Mafia State (huffingtonpost.com)
- Will the Real Terrorist Please Stand Up: : Information Clearing House (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 lies/PSYOPS that you need to recognize! (mrfriendsblog.blogspot.com)
- Malignant Cowardice (mormonsoldier.com)
- Speak Truth to Power? (lewrockwell.com)
- Democracy in the hands of idiots (english.pravda.ru)
- Success equals morality? (litendeavor.wordpress.com)
- Smashing the Bad Guys to Smithereens (writingstraight.com)
- Friend or Foe? (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- ISRAEL: Getting Ready For Armageddon (strategypage.com)
- For those that keep me going…. (thisisme1234.wordpress.com)
- Secret Super Hero Good Guys to the Rescue of Humanity (originaldialogue.blogspot.com)
- All Eyes On Damascus: NATO And SCO Set To Face Off In Syria (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- For Truth and Justice! – Altering the concept by making the Master Criminals and Heroic Deeds more interesting (korpg.com)
- Philosophy – Re: ***For the Good Guys- Who Do the Right Thing *** (disclose.tv)
- A Child’s Glossary for the War of Terror (wemeantwell.com)
- Secret Freedom Fighters Working to Unseat the New World Order (activistpost.com)
- House GOP Kills Proposal to Block Indefinite Detention of US Citizens (motherjones.com)
- Year of The Dupe – One Year Into The Engineered “Arab Spring (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- NATO Triggers African Terror-Wave (blacklistednews.com)
- The Terrorist Inside Me (resistanceplus.wordpress.com)
- Henry Kissinger Proposed to ‘Destroy’ the U.S. (activistpost.com)
- Extremists Ravaging Syria Created by US in 2007 (EndtheLie.com)
- French Bishop: Syrian Soldiers Face Foreign Fighters, Mercenaries, and Militants (landdestroyer.blogspot.com)
- NATO Libyan ‘liberation’ unleashes terror ‘tidal wave’ over North Africa (activistpost.com)
- The Propaganda Battlefield: Militants Abroad, Conspiracy Theorists At Home (blacklistednews.com)
- The Propaganda Battlefield: Militants Abroad, Conspiracy Theorists At Home (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Secret Kill List: Where does the line get crossed? (strangercurrencies.wordpress.com)
- Justice, Injustice and the Cuban Five Case (counterpunch.org)
- Middle East News 26 FEB 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Guest Post: Judge Katherine Forrest Is A Modern American Hero (zerohedge.com)
- US Supreme Court: ‘law’ repugnant to the Constitution is void (examiner.com)
- Hillary Clinton coming under Fire In State for Sponsoring Terrorists in Syria (vaticproject.blogspot.com)
- Former terrorist receives DOJ grant money, claims watchdog group (examiner.com)
- Enemies Within the Gate – Police Corruption – Infiltration & Subversion – Trade Not Aid (veteranstoday.com)
- Syria denounces terrorist attack paid by USA (english.pravda.ru)
- FBI Sting Operations: Terror Theater? (adask.wordpress.com)
- This 2nd American Revolution simply affirms US laws, ideals (examiner.com)
- Sen. Paul proposes bill protecting Americans from drone surveillance (thehill.com)
- Terrorism & Organized Crime are increasing threats to US Security (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Are You a ‘Socially Dangerous Person’? (lewrockwell.com)
- Terrorism-Crime Nexus a Growing Concern, DOD Official Says (defense.gov)
- NAPOLITANO: Trading fair trial for vengeance (weeklyintercept.blogspot.com)