so-called negative emotions
To Mrs. Hope Johnson, I’m browsing your blog on spirituality and diet [www.thewaytotheway.com]. We are similar in many regards….
You wrote this: “our minds are capable of evil.” I think that you might already agree that our minds are capable of labeling something as evil or “what should not be,” then typically resisting it, thus potentially amplifying it [with attention].
The mind is sometimes called the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (or of judgment against God‘s creation, AKA shame). In service of the heart, the discerning mind is very valuable. The mind is never the issue- neither problem nor solution- just a tool like a screwdriver or hammer or pencil. Nourishing the heart (and I mean metaphorically in particular, but a raw diet might help as well) automatically nourishes the branch of that tree of eternal life which we may call mind or intellect.
My take is that “negative emotion” is a label that the mind may put on certain physical experiences, like if there is a surge of adrenalin and shaking and tremoring in the muscles, we may label that fear. However, it’s not negative per se. It is energy [biochemical activation] for repulsion- like for fleeing from something or activating us into some prudent action to discontinue something that clearly isn’t working or is perceived to be dangerous. It’s the intelligence of divine instinct… which we may or may not resist.
Worry, however- like agonizing- is quite distinct from mere fear or fright. Worry is a dis-ease state, in fact worrying is THE process of dis-easing, dis-ordering. However, when a present order is not working, dis-ordering is… an expression of divine intelligence again.
In addition to being a primal dieter and trends forecaster, I am a student and practitioner of neuro-linguistics. In the realm of electricity, sure, positive and negative are partners. We can also distinguish between attraction and repulsion, like magnetics or anything else. Anything which we move away from- say, an unexpected loud noise that startles us- we might call “evil,” but that word is given a lot of use where “scary” might be more precise.
In neuro-linguistics, there is no negation. Grammatically, sure there is negation, but “do not think of a pink elephant” requires conceiving of a pink elephant. Language always stimulates neurological pathways, like the ones that may create a picture of a pink elephant through the visual cortex. There is no “absence of stimulation” in any communication, just varieties of stimulation in each communication. “Only losers use drugs” is classic psychological warfare, with the “hidden in plain sight” ambiguity being that a billboard that says “only losers use drugs” does not distinguish between drugs that are legal or not.
The term “negative emotions” makes as much sense to me objectively as negative fingers or negative soundwaves or negative taste or negative orgasm- except in the realm of conducting psychological warfare, in which the term “negative emotions” again reach the unconscious mind as a program to repress all emotions. To the unconscious mind, “negative emotions” is processed as defining emotions themselves as negative (as in “evil”). Combine that with a dualistic or good-evil dichotomy statement about “positive emotions,” and the subconscious mind “melts” and, if a computer, would ["crash" and] produce an error message like “does not compute.” So, I invite you to “watch your words,” especially the “negative” ones.
- Uncover Our Hidden Mind (1personresponsible.com)
- How to Solve Your Problems Without Making Mistakes (socyberty.com)
- Shift Your Focus on Something that Best Works for You!! (bucketlistchallenges.com)
- Repairing A Busted Machine (equalitynow1.wordpress.com)
- Negative Emotions (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- Emotions Are Part Of Life (cmaankur.wordpress.com)
- The second baby step: Conditioning (happybabysteps.com)
- The Romney “Plastered On” Smile (bagnewsnotes.com)
- How to Stop the Negative Spin of Thoughts, Emotions and Actions (lifehack.org)
- The Emotion of Negativity (garyskeete.wordpress.com)
- Focus on the NEGATIVE. (healthdemystified.wordpress.com)
- Your own emotional healing (wed-gie.com)
- Focus on the NEGATIVE. (loseweightandloveyou.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Contagion Can Take Down Your Whole Team (blogs.hbr.org)
- FAITH part 2 (Continued from yesterday). (bradstanton.com)