Am I the one whose attention you seek?
from the limits you claim keep you trapped in the past
and don’t you want me to release the courage you lack?
But what if fear is the first ingredient of courage?
And what if I’m not afraid to let you wallow in fear?
What if I point to truths you pretend you can’t know?
What if I point to myths you pretend can’t be myths?
I’m not the one whose attention you seek
I don’t believe in your fears and I don’t mind if you’re free
You seek people who agree with you that you are trapped
but I’m a threat to the prison that you call your past
It’s a thought that you’re trapped and just a thought that you lack
something like courage that prevents you from freedom
That you’re not free is a thought
that you should be is a thought
and that something should be
may imply that it’s not
so if you should be free
that may mean that you’re trapped
in the thought that you should be
free from all these thoughts
about thinking and courage and freedom and what should be
but thoughts never trapped you
for thoughts cannot touch you
You may have simply pretended to be trapped
and that may have been fun for as long as it lasted
Yeah but I may be the one whose attention you fear
for attention can melt all the myths that you smeared
all over your thoughts and then claimed to be
but you’re not a myth
and you’re not a belief
and you’re not a thought
so you can’t be freed
who do you think you are
who do you think you should be
I think I just figured it out
you know you’ve been a harsh judge
so you fear your own attention
you try to make up for your past, right?
you want to earn redemption
and to some day get to heaven
but only if you can do it a certain way
well, good intentions
are said to pave the road to hell
so you may choose to take the road less traveled
- Daily Word: Have Some Courage!!! (allhiphop.com)
- The Risk of Living Fully (joyofspa.com)
- Take courage and fear not (godisnear.wordpress.com)
- Beyond Mediocrity: Unleashing The Creative Energy in Us (socyberty.com)
- Behavior Change Myths – Part 8, Abstract vs. Concrete (daveloveless.wordpress.com)
- Fear and the apparent Feeling of Division (sarmoung.wordpress.com)
- “Twenty Seconds of Embarassing Courage” (kathrynleighaz.wordpress.com)
- Courage of the Heart – Quotes to Inspire and Move through Fear (taniamarieartist.wordpress.com)
- How to Be Bigger than Fear and Get on with Success (successful-blog.com)
- Thoughts on the fear of being ‘swallowed up by humanity’ – a frustrated desire for security? (mikespassingthoughts.wordpress.com)